Restore backups

Options
Lotty
Lotty Member Posts: 7

I have a new computer and have managed to get Reckon installed on it. I can't restore my backup files. Can you take me through the process please.

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Go to File, open or restore company, select restore, then navigate to where your backup file is. Follow the steps and select where you want to save the file

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,224 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

Kris is correct and if wish i can do it for you.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Lotty
    Options

Do I have to put the backup file on the computer or can I restore it from a memory stick?

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,224 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

its ok from a memory stick

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Lotty
    Options

I have managed to restore my main Reckon file, but when I try to do our superannuation one it says that one or more backup files are missing. I have several other files that are historic that I want to keep, but it says the same thing. I backed up all the files on the same day. Do I have to name the files exactly how they are listed on the memory stick?

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

It sounds like the backup might be corrupted, don’t interfere with file names until you get some more advice

• GerryWinter
    Options

What program are you using.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Lotty
    Options

Reckon personal range 2021, which shows as Reckon Accounts Home and Business 2021 when I'm in the programme.

• GerryWinter
    Options

Ok so do you have other backup anywhere the one you used is not complete, call me and i we will need to find a complete one else where.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Lotty
    Options

Thanks Gerry. I decided to use the backup for our superannuation accounts that I gave our accountant at the end of last financial year. That worked fine, and I manually entered the bank transactions from this financial year. I have decided not to restore our old files as they are ancient history (even though it was interesting to look back on them). I've been using Quicken/Reckon for over 20 years!

• GerryWinter
    Options

ok, good luck with everything.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Lotty
    Options

Thanks. The only issue I have now is that when I open Reckon it comes up with the "Welcome to Reckon" message instead of the last file I used.

• Lotty
    Options

Thank you so much for your help Gerry. Hopefully I won't need to pester you again!😁

• Peter Barnett
    Peter Barnett Member Posts: 19
    Options

I have a similar problem.

For well over a year I have been getting intermittent problems when I start Reckon Personal Plus 2021 (and previous versions) it starts up as if I am new to Reckon – I am not.

When I select "I am already a Reckon Account user" it gives me the option to restore a data file. Until now I have not had a problem restoring from the latest backup file.

Today I tried this and the restore failed with the message “One or more backup files are missing”.

After searching on the Reckon Community I uninstalled Reckon and then reinstalled it – still the same problem.

I then tried using every one of the daily backups, going back 14 versions, as this was another proposed solution – still the same problem.

I am running the latest version of Windows 10 Home and all my software is current on the latest releases.

I now have a financial system that I am unable to use.

• GerryWinter
    Options

This can be fixed if you call me.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"