Closing down; using Macbook; Accounts Hosted

Options
Cathy_7327712
Cathy_7327712 Member Posts: 31
edited September 2021 in Accounts Hosted

We have closed (after 27 years) and I wanted to save a copy of Accounts Hosted on Macbook . I followed instructions to backup file and download Enterprise . After downloading Enterprise was advised that Enterprise is windows based only and does not work on Macs. Contacted tec and Umang said there is no way of keeping file on Macbook after closing.

Does the file remain on the cloud accounting even after I stop my subscription? Could I access it with a trial membership if required access at a later date?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,307 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

You can keep the file but the only way you could open it would be a trial version downloaded to a Windows machine or a trial Hosted 30 day subscription

• Cathy_7327712
    edited September 2021
    Options

Hi Kris

How would I keep the file? on my macbook if I can't use enterprise?

Does the file remain on the cloud accounting even after I stop my subscription?

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,307 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited September 2021
    Options

To keep the file you just download the company qbw file using the red floating toolbar on hosted, click the arrow down, then browse to your company file, or better still backup your file and download the qbb file from the B Drive, the company file is on the Q drive.

personally I would download both.

You will have the files but only for security purposes, you won’t be able to open them

You should also print out or save pdf's of relevant reports, namely balance sheets and Profit & Loss for the past 5 years

• Kris_Williams
    Options

You would have to ask Reckon about the file storage, I tend to doubt that they would save it, because it’s an easy thing to download it and save it on an external drive. I know they keep Reckon One files because it’s not possible to download them as they are in fact in the cloud, reckon hosted is not cloud based as those files are on Reckon servers

• Cathy_7327712
    edited September 2021
    Options

Thanks Kris I have downloaded both. Cheers

Update 10:55

I was able to download the back up but I could not copy or drag the the QBW file onto the desktop.

So I am hoping that I will be able to install the backup on a trial hosted account if I need the info. What do you think? Thanks for all your help.