Error 1723

I am running Reckon Personal Plus 2021on Windows 10. I am trying to uninstall it in order to install Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2022. When I am taken to Windows Control Panel and click on Reckon Accounts 2021 and 'Uninstall' I receive the following error message after a message asking if I want to allow C:\WINDOWS\Installer\f704e6e.msi to make changes to my system:

Reckon Accounts 2021

Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

Any help would be appreciated, please, as I would like to be able to install the 2022 software.

Comments

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,342 Personal Range Elite Expert Personal Range Expert

Why is there RA 2021 in the control panel, it should be under Program & Features in the control panel, if that doesnt work try using Revo Uninstaller, you can call me if you wish.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Linda_9776465
    Linda_9776465 Member Posts: 15 Reckoner Reckoner

Yes, it is in the list of installed programs in Control Panel which opened when I clicked on 'uninstall' under Reckon Personal Plus 2021 in the Start menu.

I shouldn't need third party software to uninstall a program.

• Eric Murphy
    Eric Murphy Member Posts: 218 Reckoner Reckoner

Clearly your PC is failing to uninstall it. I'd follow the advice that has been graciously provided to you as it's a viable recommendation. I've used Revo & other uninstallers many times and they do a far better job than Windows

• Robert4995
    Robert4995 Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member

I am attempting to upgrade to Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2022 but am unable to remedy Error 1723.

I think RA2021 may not have uninstalled correctly. What do I do now ?

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,342 Personal Range Elite Expert Personal Range Expert

Call me and we should be able to fix your problems

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com