Error 1723

Options

I am running Reckon Personal Plus 2021on Windows 10. I am trying to uninstall it in order to install Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2022. When I am taken to Windows Control Panel and click on Reckon Accounts 2021 and 'Uninstall' I receive the following error message after a message asking if I want to allow C:\WINDOWS\Installer\f704e6e.msi to make changes to my system:

Reckon Accounts 2021

Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

Any help would be appreciated, please, as I would like to be able to install the 2022 software.

Comments

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,225 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

Why is there RA 2021 in the control panel, it should be under Program & Features in the control panel, if that doesnt work try using Revo Uninstaller, you can call me if you wish.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Linda_9776465
    Linda_9776465 Member Posts: 10
    Options

Yes, it is in the list of installed programs in Control Panel which opened when I clicked on 'uninstall' under Reckon Personal Plus 2021 in the Start menu.

I shouldn't need third party software to uninstall a program.

• Eric Murphy
    Eric Murphy Member Posts: 216 ✭✭✭
    Options

Clearly your PC is failing to uninstall it. I'd follow the advice that has been graciously provided to you as it's a viable recommendation. I've used Revo & other uninstallers many times and they do a far better job than Windows

• Robert4995
    Robert4995 Member Posts: 2
    Options

I am attempting to upgrade to Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2022 but am unable to remedy Error 1723.

I think RA2021 may not have uninstalled correctly. What do I do now ?

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,225 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

Call me and we should be able to fix your problems

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com