Migration from accounts hosted to accounts home and business.

Options

We have used desktop & accounts hosted for many years and have become very comfortable with it. However, we are on the verge of retirement and wish to downsize to a more simplified and cheaper option. I had the migration team migrate our data into Reckon One, but I cannot get my head around the different format from the desktop version. I have emailed the migration team to ask if I can use my hosted data file in the accounts home & business version. Its the weekend so I expect an answer back tomorrow. I am hoping this can be done, and do I need the migration team, or can I download the trial version then backup and restore my data file into the home and business program myself? Thankyou.

Answers

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,227 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

Please note it is a totally different looking and working program and as such you cant bring in any existing data, call me if you want more.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Priscilla_Ognenis
    Priscilla_Ognenis Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Gerry,

Thanks for your prompt reply, so it does not look the same as desktop version? or work the same? Is there a difference between accounts home and business, and personal plus home and business? I was looking at the one that is $240/yr. Which seems to be the "Personal plus home and business" I thought it might work like a desktop version and when I checked the migration to and from, it appears possible.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,227 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

They are both the same item and only available as a desktop version. Not sure how much they can migrate as far as existing transaction go, maybe just list of names etc.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Priscilla_Ognenis
    Options

Hi Gerry,

Thanks for clarifying above. I have already put the question to the migration team who have helped me with R1, so I will see what they come up with. I am happy with desktop now to see us through to retirement as we don't really need to log in from any device. They do a free migration of "lists" only. I have printed out open invoices, balances etc ready to input. Still on free trial for R1, but just wasn't happy with the way it was working for us and finding it hard to like it. Thanks again.

• GerryWinter
    Options

If you want a hand on how to use H&B just call me.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Priscilla_Ognenis
    Options

Thanks Gerry, I'll see what they have to say tomorrow as to whether it's possible to change over and I will definitely call you if I run into any problems.😊