Reinvest function In Personal Plus won't accept zero share

Options

When I received the next dividend from a company after recently joining their DRP, the dividend was less than the value of a share so appears as Cash Carried Forward. Reckon PP+ won't allow me to record this transaction, unless at least one share has been purchased.

I suppose I could simply record the dividend as a cash input to the share account, however this would not be a true reflection of the actual company dividend advice. Is this the only solution?

Would Reckon consider a mod to their software to enable this type of transaction? If so, how do I bring it to their attention?

Regards

Wayne

Comments

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,225 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

You do not worry about it as it will be picked up next time you have a dividend.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Wayne_10864576
    Wayne_10864576 Member Posts: 9
    Options

Gerry, thanks for the response

• Wayne_10864576
    Options

Gerry, it can't be picked up next time, if Reckon PP+ hasn't accepted the transaction in the first place. As my taxation return for the applicable financial year needs to be reconciled before the next distribution, it also can't just be entered at a later point in time.

This is a fault with the program and should be rectified as such. It is not acceptable to delay the correct recording of a taxable item because of an error in the software.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,225 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

Maybe i didnt read your issue fully but i will check on my file.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• GerryWinter
    Options

Can you show me the paper work that came with the transaction you are dealing with, email me privately.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Wayne_10864576
    Options

Gerry, I have emailed you, as per your request.