Tax Detail Report - Why are my invoices duplicated in multiple months?

Lucy_Cross
Lucy_Cross Member Posts: 9

We pay taxes for a two month period on an accrual basis. I have run the tax detail report and noticed that multiple invoices, in the purchases section, dated in one month are appearing in both months, so an invoice entered on 30/08/22 shows under the August and September sections, thus doubling the amount of tax. I have selected the invoice and checked under the supplier center to verify that there were not duplicate invoices entered, but everything looks correct from the supplier center and on the invoice.

This is the first time we've had this issue, so are not sure what happened over the last two months. Does anyone know what might be going on?

Answers

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

You’re referring to a bill from a supplier I assume - was in paid in 2 parts over August and September?

• Lucy_Cross

Yes, a supplier bill. It was entered into August and paid once in Septmeber. This is our usual process and has not caused the issue in the past.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

a bit hard to have an opinion without seeing reports, but I have seen this happen when a bill has been paid with multiple payments, it doesn’t normally double up the tax but appears to, try the tax summary report and drill down on NCG. But you are saying it was only paid in one payment aren’t you? I never use the tax detail report, only the tax summary

• Lucy_Cross

I believe there is something wrong with the report. When I drill down into the tax summary each bill is represented as one transaction and the amounts look right.

I just exported the tax detail report to excel and noticed that the amounts listed do not match the totals listed on the report.

• Kris_Williams

Yes that’s why I don’t use that report, I think it is also affected by Cash basis option from memory