IIF upload file created a class list issue
Just wondering if anyone has uploaded an IIF file that created nearly 200 new classes with the same existing classes before? We have 4 main ones: Global, VIC, NSW and QLD. After uploading the file, there are roughly around 200 additional ones of these 4 classes combined. They are mostly pointed to the journal that was uploaded. Some transactions were done by our team members who did not realise there was a problem post IIF file upload.
I had corrected the (journal) transaction and the other entries post upload by renaming the correct ones with 'CORRECT' and use those instead. At the moment the list says Global CORRECT, VIC CORRECT and so on. The ones that were blank and no longer used were deleted. I am now back down these 4 classes and would like to rename to the original names but it's trying to merge everything, even asked for an Admin password. I am not sure what it was trying to merge when the other ones had no transactions.
My questions are:
- Is there a better way to do this (renaming) rather than merging them? Another alternative that I thought about was to rename all the wrong ones differently, but this may not the most efficient way.
- If not, any idea what the damage is if I let the merging happen? Will this break anything because of that password being required for previous financial years?
Thanks and regards,
- All Categories
- 6.7K Accounts Hosted
- 5.9K Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
- 3.2K Reckon One
- 144 Reckon Payroll Upgrade for Reckon One 🚀
- 10 Reckon Invoices App
- 928 Reckon Payroll App & Web
- 12 Payroll App - Help Videos
- 18 Reckon Mate App
- 14 Reckon Insights
- 107 Reckon API
- 946 Payroll Premier
- 115 Payroll Premier upgrade to Reckon Payroll ⤴️
- 325 Point of Sale
- 1.9K Personal Plus and Home & Business
- 68 About Reckon Community