Anybody else having issues accessing Letters & Envelopes Wizard for customising letter template?at

Options
CareyPoulter
CareyPoulter Member Posts: 8

My customised template is in the folder with the standard ones but doesn't come up as a choice when I click on the letter button within the Create invoices window and the Letters and Envelopes Wizard seems to not be active either. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,063 Reckon Staff
    Options

Hi @CareyPoulter

When you click the Download icon on the Toolbox, do you see the folder called "Reckon Accounts Letter Templates"?

Do you encounter the message shown in this screenshot when you click on the "Letters" button?

Do you click Copy to create the letters folder or do you click the Browse button to locate your Letter templates?

If that Reckon Letters folder does not yet exist, click the COPY button.

Then when you click the Letters button you should see the following:

In the example above, the new letter called TEST TEST.DOC is being saved, whilst the "My Own Custom Birthday Letter.doc" is one that was created earlier.

For additional assistance, please contact the Hosted Technical Support Team for over-the-phone help.

• CareyPoulter
    Options

Hi

Yes all the options are there and my letter templates are showing but I just can't use them to create a letter. Only the default templates show and there is no option to create or edit the templates.

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Options

You would likely need to open the DOC file in MS-Word and edit the template there.

Is that something you have already done?

Recommend that you contact the Hosted Technical Support Team for additional assistance.

• CareyPoulter
    Options

Yes have done that and uploaded and is showing in the templates folder but just doesn't show as an option when you go to create the invoice letter and there is no 'wizard' as it talks about in the help info

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Options

Hi @CareyPoulter

Consider taking a screenshot of your "Reckon Accounts Letters and Templates" folder on your Hosted Q: drive along with the sub-folders and where you placed the template that you have edited and re-uploaded.

Have you contacted the Hosted Technical Support Team?

They can assist you with this over the phone or via remote access..

• CareyPoulter
    Options

We have a local support person who is working on this problem with her support team in Australia. I just thought someone else might be experiencing this issue too and have a resolution.