Customer bal. is zero but customer open balance shows a balance - why?

Options
Rafi
Rafi Member Posts: 13
edited August 2023 in Accounts Hosted

Hi Rav

We created a new file in reckon as the old file size was too big.

We had a credit balance for this customer $220.00 as this was overpaid. We started with inputting the credit opening balance. During the year there was an invoice to the customer for $3491.80 & when he made the payment, he paid $3271.80 - short by $220.

Now when we check under the customer center for the customer it shows the balance as 0.00 as shown above in the snapshot above, but when we look at the customer open balance it shows some amounts and a balance is $220.00

Also, when i go to receive payments this shows that the invoice for $3491.80 is open, but we have already closed this invoice. Screenshot attached

Please advice how to get rid of this, so that the customer payment window does not show this invoice and also the customer balance report is cleared.

Answers

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,348 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

I would click on the invoice line and then apply the credits, see where that leaves you to start with.

• Rafi
    Options

When you apply the credits on the invoice, it does something at the background and ends us showing some new figure and the balance in the customer open balance remains with some new figures appearing. But the final $220 balance still remains there.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,348 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

I would look at the customer balance detail report for more info

• Rafi
    Options

Hi Kris,

Even the customer balance detail report shows 0 balance. You can see that it started with a negative balance of $220 and got cleared when the payment for inv 166062 was made.

• Kris_Williams
    Options

I am happy to have a look for you but I’m away until Saturday night, there's always a reason but sometimes a little elusive. And sometimes I find that you have to delete an entry and put it back in.

I’m available on Sunday if you want to call 0415940843

• Rafi
    Options

Thanks Kris. But i don't work on Sunday. So if you want i can all you on Monday.

• Kris_Williams
    Options

That’s fine no problem

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,089 Reckon Staff
    Options

Look for any NEGATIVE lines in any invoices.