Depositing a Pre Payment from a client.

Options
Cheryl Medley
Cheryl Medley Member Posts: 104

My client has a new client whom I have just set up and have done up his Monthly Invoice. This gentleman has already deposited $1000.00 into my client's bank account. When I go to receipt the $1000 it automatically brings up the current invoice which is only for $86. Reckon One won't let me enter more than the processed invoice - so what do I do? I will have to reconcile the initial deposit (I can't see where I can turn it into a credit) soon so I would like to put it somewhere today.

Surely I don't need to do up monthly invoices ahead for the next few months so that I can receipt the deposit - ?

Cheers

Cheryl

Answers

• Tanvi_kataria
    Tanvi_kataria Reckon Staff Posts: 138 Reckon Staff
    edited March 1
    Options

Hi @Cheryl Medley

Can you please check, if that amount/invoice has a linked payment. You can check at the bottom of the invoice. If yes, please unlink the payment and then you should be able to edit the amount.

Please find the attached article for your reference- How to edit/delete the paid invoices in Reckon One? - Reckon Help and Support Centre

Let me know, for any concerns. Thank you!

Regards

Tanvi

• Cheryl Medley
    Cheryl Medley Member Posts: 104
    Options

Thank you, Tanvi, but that doesn't work.

The client deposited $1000.00 on 4th February. I did his first invoice yesterday 29th February for $86.00. When I go to where I initially receipted his deposit, the new invoice now comes up. If I tick the 'allocate amount' bit, it actually adds $86 to the original deposit, which of course, is wrong.

I can't see anywhere to unlink the invoice/payment. I need to put his deposit in to make a credit against his account so that each monthly invoice is paid as I do them and this is what I can't figure out how to do.

I have set up an adjustment note for the $1000.00 and have refunded $86 against the first invoice - that seems to work. But I don't know how to receipt the $1000.00 that is sitting in the bank account. How do I deal with that?

Cheers

Cheryl