🚫 Spam posts on the Reckon Community

Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager
edited March 3 in About Reckon Community

Hi everyone πŸ‘‹

Just a heads up, I've seen an increase in the number of spam posts being published on the Reckon Community over the past week.

Usually, it will be a long rambling post that tries to sell the various benefits of a support tool for Intuit Quickbooks. These posts however usually also include links or phone numbers. I strongly recommend not clicking any of the links in the spam post and to not call the overseas phone number they list.

Obviously it goes without saying we're not Intuit and our software isn't called Quickbooks so it'll be pretty easy to identify that its a spam post based on that, but also for its content as well.

Below is a small snippet from one of the spam posts just as an example so you have an idea of what they look/sound like.

I have an automatic spam protection filter running on the site which does a pretty good job at blocking suspicious sign-ups and posts from being published. There may be the odd occasion however where a spam post will get through, I'll remove them pretty quickly but if you see one please report it by clicking the Flag ➑️ Spam option on the post.

Screenshot example of the below πŸ‘‡

Thanks everyone! If you have any questions, please let me know.

πŸŽ‰ Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi everyone

Bumping this post as there seems to be another round of spam posts coming through sporadically. Most of them are being stopped by the spam filter but one or two might slip through.

As above, please do not engage with any spam posts. If you see any that look suspicious please report them using the steps outlined above.

Reckon Community members who post spam or malicious links or content will be banned immediately and without notice.

πŸŽ‰ Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.