Online Banking release exclusive use

Options
Liza Oates
Liza Oates Member Posts: 65 ✭✭

I am getting the following message that I have never seen before where I try to release Online Banking exclusive use

Can anyone advise why this is happening.

In addition, if someone creates an ABA file does the ABA file history only appear in the individual users licence or can all users who have access to Online Banking able to edit and recreate the file

Thank you.

Kind regards

Liza

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,319 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

I was not aware that you could recreate an aba file

• Liza Oates
    Options

Hi Kris

From what I understand you can resave an ABA file it does not recreate it in RECKON but I think it allows you to save a new file if you are unable to download the file or loose the file you created

Thank you

Liza

• Liza Oates
    Options

Hi Kris

I also was able to close the exclusive use by selecting the red X box on the right hand side of the screen to close the windows

Kind regards

Liza

• Alexander McKeown
    Alexander McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 212 Reckon Staff
    Options

Dear @Liza Oates ,

You'd receive this error if you are currently working inside of your Online Banking Center while another user (either yourself, or a user that you have shared the file with) has attempted to open/switch the file to Multi-User Mode.

As Online Banking Center activities take priority due to sensitive information in the software, it will reject opening the file in Multi-User Mode until such a time as you finish your activities in the Online Banking Center, but warn you with this error first.

If you received this error on opening the file, it is possible you had this area open during the last time you accessed the file, and may've ticked "Open in Multi-User" from the Open File window, causing this problem.

Either way, glad to hear it's resolved now.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

Reckon Senior Technical Support