Changing the closing date in Reckon Accounts Hosted

Barrie Epstein
Barrie Epstein Member Posts: 3 Reckoner Reckoner

I am the administrator but I cannot get the closing date to change. I have been able to do this every year since I became the administrator in 2013 and I know what has to be done but I cannot get it to change in our reports .

Has the new MFA requirement changed the process?

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,621 Reckon Accounts Hosted Elite Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

I change it every month, are you actually logged in as Admin? What do you mean in the reports, the closing date only means you can’t enter anything prior to the closing date without a password. It doesn’t affect the reports in any way, not to my knowledge and I have been using this feature for way over 25 years

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 489 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 7

Sometimes the closing date has a glitch. Recommend deleting the date you currently have in there, saving that and then go back in and add the date you require. That should fix the glitch.

• This content has been removed.
  • Barrie Epstein

Our new closing date meant we started the year with a new month.

I changed this in "Company Information" and was then able to set the closing date normally.

• Barrie Epstein

Thank you for your comments

• Bev13
    Bev13 Member Posts: 11 Reckoner Reckoner

I have tried all the above suggestions numerous times, but the closing date appears to be locked at 30/06/2023. If I delete the date, log out completely and then log back in, 30/06/2023 reappears as the closing date.