I have uploaded the Banking QIF file but unable to Import the file to my bank account.

Sudhish
Sudhish Member Posts: 7 Reckoner Reckoner

Hi Team,

I have successfully uploaded the QIF file but when I do select the Bank account to which it should be uploaded that pop-up disappears & then the next Popup option is not showing in it.
I tried to change Browser, PC but still it is not being Imported.

After pressing Ok here no action is coming forward like nothing happened & also this popup disappears with no error.

Please Help!

Tagged:

Answers

• Alexis McKeown
    Alexis McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 368 Reckon Staff

Dear @Sudhish ,

There's a few things we can check here to see if all's working properly:

1. Can you go into File → Utilities → Import → Web Connect files, and check if your QIF's converted into QBO's successfully?
      1. If so, try to import these. There can be rare issues with QIF files where, after conversion, it does not properly proceed to the next step. QBO importing will allow you to import as normal; and the next batch of QIF's should not have this issue.
    2. If no QBO files exist, it is likely due to the name of the files - you will need to rename them and remove any full stops.
      1. The reason for this is that Reckon (and computers in general) expect only one file type (eg. filename.QIF), whereas your files are listed as 19.7.24 to 22.7.24.QIF (Reckon/computers would read this as 19.7, which is invalid).
      2. To rename a file, follow our guide here: https://help.reckon.com/article/lw2m1ip0i2
      3. You will want to rename your QIF files specifically, and remove the full stops (eg. rename 19.7.24 to 22.7.24.QIF to 19724 to 22724.QIF).
      4. After this, try to import the QIF file again.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

Reckon Senior Technical Support

• Unknown
    edited July 23
    This content has been removed.
  • Sudhish
    Sudhish Member Posts: 7 Reckoner Reckoner
    edited July 30

I tried but it is still not uploading. or is there any service number to which I can connect? I am working from India.

• This content has been removed.
  • Alexis McKeown
    Alexis McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 368 Reckon Staff

Dear @Sudhish ,

When you go to File → Utilities → Import → Web Connect Files, do you see the QBO files that were converted from your QIF files?

If so, import these instead - they are your bank transactions that have been converted from QIF.

If even these do not appear, it is likely your QIF files are corrupted and/or invalid for Reckon. Ensure that your QIF files are in Quickbooks 2004 compatible format.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

Reckon Senior Technical Support