Bank accounts not showing on Bank Connection

kelliesheldon
kelliesheldon Member Posts: 9 Novice Member Novice Member

I am trying to set up my bank connections. I register with my ABN, verify my business details, choose my bank and log in.

When I open the account section to choose, my list of accounts only shows my PERSONAL bank accounts, not my business ones.

I have spoken to Reckon many times, trying to fix this, and have emailed and lodged tickets.

1. no one rings back when they say they will.

2. they have told me the bank accounts I want to link 'are not registered with the ATO'….

what does that even mean? Yes, I have new bank accounts to include, but I also have business bank accounts that are a few years old, so that makes no sense.

The point is - why are some bank accounts showing and others are not?

How do we fix this? Why are they not showing business accounts registered to an ABN and business name?

I can not link to my reckon bank feed for reconciliations without the proper bank accounts being listed.

If you need more information, please ask.

Comments

• klaura
    klaura Reckon Staff Posts: 205 Reckon Staff

Hi kelliesheldon,

I'm sorry you have to go through this. It appears that you have been contacted by one of the supports. Which bank institution are you attempting to add?

Best regards,

Karren

• kelliesheldon

Bendigo and P & N. Both are acting the same way. Someone from Reckon wants my bank details, I am not prepared to give that information out.

• klaura
    edited August 14

Hi kelliesheldon,

Are you trying to add the feeds via Open Banking?

If you are unable to view or choose which of your accounts to share, you probably do not have permission from the bank to share that account. For assistance, please get in touch with your bank here if you are impacted by this issue.

Open Banking - securly share your banking info | P&N Bank (pnbank.com.au)

And for Bendigo Bank, you can check this out.

Share your Bendigo and Adelaide Bank business account | ACSISS Help Center

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Karren

• kelliesheldon

Will try that, it worth noting, they work with xero..

• klaura

Hi kelliesheldon,

They may have worked in Zero via Yodlee or Direct Feeds. Open Banking requires these additional steps before sharing the bank to any accounting program. Let us know how you go.

Best regards,

Karren

• kelliesheldon

Just spoke to P & N - they do NOT link their bank accounts with Reckon. Only xero and myob. Defeats the whole purpose of using a cheaper software as the savings will be chewed up with bookkeeping fees. How annoying!!

• klaura
    edited August 14

Hi kelliesheldon,

We do support P&N Bank through our Open Banking feeds. When adding a feed just select Open Banking and then P&N Bank. Click next and follow the prompts to authorize and setup a feed with P&N.

We also have a guide here on how to add feeds through Open Banking.

Adding and managing bank feeds - Reckon Help and Support Centre

Best regards,

Karren

• kelliesheldon

Except it doesnt' work as it doesnt show buinsess accounts…. I know how to add them because I get to see my personal accounts listed to add, not the business ones. IT doesnt work!

• kelliesheldon

As you can see, its not a 'i don't know what im doing' thing - this is my personal account, where are the business ones? I signed in with my ABN and business name.

• Nickiu
    Nickiu Reckon Staff Posts: 155 Reckon Staff

Hi @kelliesheldon

I would recommended to reach out to your bank and check with them to find out why your can't see it.

Thanks,

Nick

• kelliesheldon

I have, they tell me they don't link with you at all.. I stated that up the thread more. 😣

• Nickiu
    Nickiu Reckon Staff Posts: 155 Reckon Staff

Hi @kelliesheldon,

Do you have a support ticket number with us?

• kelliesheldon

Many and you cant help. ACISS cant help, P & N keep telling me they do not support your digital platform for approving this and they want a form.

• klaura

If the Open Banking does not work for you, we have other options like Yodlee or upload your transactions manually to Reckon.