can Reckon 2013 be installed on Windows Pro 8.1

Options
Julie F
Julie F Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
edited September 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Comments

• Julie F
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I have Windows 8.1 Professional  but it won't work due to an extension missing which isn't available for this version of windows. If you know a way around it I would be most grateful I really DON'T feel inclined to part with another $599 when I have already had a year from hell trying to work with RECKON HOSTED. 
  • Julie F
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi Kevin, Thank you SO MUCH for helping me with my SURFACE PRO 3 (Windows 8.1 PRO) instalment of 2012/2013. I am delighted not have to part with anymore pennies! It is a rare thing in this day and age, to find someone with your vast amount of knowledge, who is so willing and generous in helping I.T. cripples like me. You are a blessing to our Reckon Community and you have restored my faith in humanity. Problem solved thanks to you!

Just in regards to turning  on the Dot Net framework:
    http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=4963:

imageA black square appears in the selection box and wont let you tick it, so you need to you need to click on the '+' expansion box to drop down the next two files and from there it will let you tick both of them. Which in turn will tick the main one .NETFramework3.5 (includes) .NET 2.0 and 3.0)
  • Julie F
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yeah, Thanks Michael, I still have hair and haven't turned completely grey!