Does Reckon Accounts 2015 Small Business Edition support QuickBooks Web Connector?

Russell Hurren
Russell Hurren Member Posts: 1
edited September 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I'm evaluating Reckon Accounts 2015 Small Business Edition, and I'd like to connect it to a web service. I could get the QBWC troubleshooter to work, but I get the following error when I try to connect it to my service provider: QBWC1039: There was a problem adding the application. Check QWCLog.txt for details. Unable to access QuickBooks, QuickBooks must be open the first time an application is added to the web connector If you do not have QuickBooks installed on this system, you would need to install it before running web connector. (Reckon is running and the company file is open. I've tried running as multiple users, and I've tried creating a new company file to rule that out). The service provider suggested I check whether this particular version of Reckon Accounts is supported by QBWC. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Comments

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    hi , we use  Web connector for Reckon Accounts Premier and Enterprise, we are developers .

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Cesar Intriago
    Cesar Intriago Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2015
    Hi Russel, were you able to solve this issue?
  • Reckon API
    Reckon API Reckon Staff Posts: 5 Reckon Staff
    edited October 2015
    Hi all,

The Web Connector does work with Reckon Accounts however not with the small business edition. The Web Connector uses the Reckon Accounts Desktop API which is supported in the Pro versions and above.

Hope this helps

Reckon API Team.
  • Kert Hulett
    Kert Hulett Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2016
    I have the same issue trying to connect web connector version 2.0.0.107 to Reckon Accounts Premier 2016. I have Reckon Accounts open with Admin logon while trying to connect. I am getting the following error:
    There was a problem adding the application. Check QWCLog.txt for details.<Error connecting to QuickBooks. Error message received from QuickBooks was <Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {45F5708E-3B43-4FA8-BE7E-A5F1849214CB} failed due to the following error: 80040154.>.>
       at QBWebConnector.WebService.AddToQuickBooks()
    Connecting to QuickBooks...
    Error connecting to QuickBooks. Error message received from QuickBooks was <Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {45F5708E-3B43-4FA8-BE7E-A5F1849214CB} failed due to the following error: 80040154.>.
    QBWC1078: An error occured while clearing FileID from QuickBooks.
    Error message received from QuickBooks was <Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {45F5708A-7B43-4FA8-BE7E-A5F2349214CB} failed due to the following error: 80040154.>.
    QBWebConnector.SOAPWebService.deleteFileIDValueFromQB() : Session ended and connection to QuickBooks closed.

What version of web connector would be compatible? 

Thanks in Advance
  • Simon Hutchinson_8164484
    Simon Hutchinson_8164484 Alumni Posts: 135
    edited February 2017
    Hi Kert

The 2.0.0.107 is the correct version to be working with. 

A few things to make sure

1) Open both Reckon Accounts and the Web Connector with right click -> run as administrator

2) Ensure the FILE ID in the QWC file is empty when first trying to add it to the web connector

Thanks