RESC Issue on 2 Employees using the same Salary Sacrifice Payroll Item

Candice Carlsen
Candice Carlsen Member Posts: 15

Hi,

I am having an issue with correcting an RESC issue. I have drilled down on the payroll summary to modify by RESC and can see 2 employees for the entire year. Both use the same salary sacrifice payroll item, the only difference is the amount they choose to sacrifice. However one of these employee's RESC is showing as $0 for the entire year. I have gone in to modify one of the paycheques and this has not fixed my error. Any suggestions on why one is fine and the other is not? Some help before 14th July would be great!

Comments

• DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    I had a problem with RESC showing an amount of $40. It had nothing to do with Sal Sac, but with the monthly limit of $450 minimum. On the month he worked only a few days in the month, the amount went into RESC. I had to take the minimum limit off the super item so that this amount did not go into the RESC box.

• Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Hi Candice,

Thanks for asking.

For the Employee misreporting the Salary Sacrifice, delete the super sal sacrifice item from the pay and re-enter it and check again.  If the problem persists, re-sort your payroll list, Chart of Accounts and Names List and then rebuild and verify.  Examine the QBwin.log file and follow up on any errors.  If problems still persist, please call Technical Support.

regards,
    John

• Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Hi Debbie,

Thanks for asking.

If you have the threshold for paying super set to $450.00 and in Employees & Payroll Preferences the Calculate RESC difference.... ticked, then if you decide to pay an employee who earns less than $450.00 the 9.5% super, you over-write the super amount from 0.00 to the amount, then that amount will appear in the RESC field of the payment summary.

If Calculate RESC difference.... is not ticked then it will not appear in RESC.

In these circumstances, process the pay without Calculate RESC difference.... ticked.  

You can correct this by unticking the Calculate RESC difference.... box then in the employee's pay, delete the super item and re-input it and add the super amount.

Hope this explains the situation.

regards,
    John

• Candice Carlsen
    Candice Carlsen Member Posts: 15
    edited July 2016

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

I did some troubleshooting in the employee's super setup and found the error. I have since been able to modify all previous payslips within the 15/16 financial year and now I have a correctly reporting payment summary!.