Changing back to Desktop

Paul Mason
Paul Mason Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
Im Thinking next year to change back from Hosted to Desktop, will I expect any issues transferring my data 

Comments

• PhuongDo
    PhuongDo Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    You only need to download the QBW file from Hosted to your desktop and use it there. There will be no issue at all.

Phuong Do / Reckon Developer Partner

phuong@cactussoftware.com.au

• Paul Mason
    Paul Mason Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Thank You :-)

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Kevin is correct, you do have to have the Enterprise version. Hosted is not backwards compatible with any other Reckon product. That is once you upgrade to Hosted you can't open it with say Reckon Plus, you must have Enterprise.
  • lance arthy_6701920
    lance arthy_6701920 Member Posts: 14
    edited June 2020
    Paul, if you haven't done so, organise for Reckon to supply the desktop version you need. As a paid-up Hosted user you're entitled to it. I've been running both since the early days of Hosted when the tech glitches it had made it unreliable and frustrating, or when it's not available due to internet problems at my end.

Now if Reckon could only make it easier by magically renewing the desktop licence when I renew Hosted each year... 
  • Jeffrey Fazal_7315662
    Jeffrey Fazal_7315662 Member Posts: 9
    edited December 2016
    While we're making a wish list, it would be great if they could provide the same number of desktop licenses as hosted users and an alternative way of getting the QWB file/backup.

I don't really understand why they can't do the former.  
  • Ian Reginald Padgham
    Ian Reginald Padgham Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2018
    Q'b on-line is shocking. I want to change back to desktop, which I had previously - 2012/2013 version. Is it easy to migrate the data from on-line to desktop?

• Ian Reginald Padgham
    Ian Reginald Padgham Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2018
    I don't know what Hosted is. Q'b online told me the data could probably be migrated across.
  • Jeremy Bergstrom
    Jeremy Bergstrom Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2020
    so is it possible to convert reckon hosted back to a desktop version please 
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited June 2020
    Yes as stated above in earlier posts, you are entitled, as a Reckon Hosted customer, to download a copy of Reckon Enterprise each year. This is the only version you can open your Hosted file in but it’s also an annual subscription 
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited June 2020
    Enterprise is a desktop version