1B does not equal GST reclaimed on Tax liability report

Broni K Beerling
Broni K Beerling Member Posts: 32
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Tax liability report shows GST reclaimed as $77000 but BAS 1B is showing $73000 

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Broni

Are the both reports running on the same basis i.e. are they both reporting as Cash Accounting or Accrual Accounting or is one of them Cash and the other Accrual?
    John L G
  • Broni K Beerling
    edited July 2020
    found that the gst paid on importing goods through customs is not showing on the BAS 
  • Broni K Beerling
    edited December 2017
    both accrual
    I am out around $4400 which is NCG100% - when we import goods we pay gst and have always used this account when using REckon over the last 7 years, without a problem - for some reason the simplied BAS is not picking it up ?

• Broni K Beerling
    edited December 2017
    reckon is not picking up the tax code that we have used for 7 years ?

• John Graetz
    edited December 2017
    Hi Broni

Go to the BAS that you are running and then click on the third tab across the top ?Debits and Credits.?  Then click on the ?1B? button against ?Credits for goods and services tax paid.?  This will tell you which items you have selected to report GST that you are wanting to claim back.  Ensure that you have got everyone ticked that you need to tick, including the specific one that you used to include.  The likelihood is that you have missed ticking one.
    John L G
  • Broni K Beerling
    edited January 2018
    I have all of these ticked including the NCG100 code which we use for import duty. BAS is not picking this up ?
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    Broni.  Give me a ring on 0428 695454 and I might be able to help you.
    John L G