Scheduled transaction does not accept new amount when entering manually for investment account

Craig_10108506
Craig_10108506 Member Posts: 4
edited June 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have a sceduled transfer set up on an Investment account, when I click on enter the dialog window shows which allows me to change the amount to be entered. Whenever I change the amount and try and enter it, it reverts back to the amount on the scheduled transaction. This has been happening for years and I would have thought by 2019 version it would have been fixed. If you can fix this it would be greatly appreciated... It only happens on investment accounts.

Comments

• Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    After you've changed the amount, click memorise transactions (ctrl+m) this will then update the memorized transactionsm with the new amount
  • Craig_10108506
    edited June 2019
    Hi Jacqui... thanks for the suggestion, but the amount changes for every transaction, so I would still have the same issue.
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Hi Craig - I have never heard of this before?  and this is a Transfer Funds entry?  Have you tried deleting this memorised transaction and creating a new one?  usually as soon as you press tab after putting in the amount - it updates and then when you save it saves with the new amount?
  • Craig_10108506
    edited June 2019
    Hi Linda...Thanks I tried that, but makes no difference :( Even setting up new transfers does not work. The thing that is frustrating about this is it is only an issue on investment accounts. It works totally fine for other account type. I have monthly scheduled transfer from one investment account to another, but the amount varies each month...so my scheduled transaction I just enter a average $ figure and change it when I enter it. I just upgraded to 2019, but it has happened in the previous versions I have had to. Just got to a point now where I need to speak up and see if anyone else was having the same issue. It's a pain.
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Craig

Not heard of this error either, can you put up a couple of screen shots of the transaction & the memorised transaction?
  • Craig_10108506
    edited June 2019

This is he scheduled transaction

This is the reminder, click on Enter

This dialog window appears

Change Amount – in this case from 882.72 to 900.00, Click Enter Transaction

Is then entered with a value of 882.72

• Linda ABC
    edited June 2020
    Thanks for the screen shots Craig, now realise you are using Reckon Personal or Home & Business! Totally different program! I am not an expert on this, but will ask Robyn Kelly who is the expert! Have a feeling that scheduled transactions operate totally different to memorised transactions in Reckon Accounts Business...
  • Linda ABC
    edited June 2020
    Thanks for the screen shots Craig, now realise you are using Reckon Personal or Home & Business! Totally different program! I am not an expert on this, but will ask Robyn Kelly who is the expert! Have a feeling that scheduled transactions operate totally different to memorised transactions in Reckon Accounts Business...
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Hi Craig

With this screen to remind you to enter click on EDIT first and edit the amount and then press ENTER to enter the new amount then it won't stay the same as the originally saved scheduled amount

• Linda ABC
    edited June 2019
    I knew you would know what the solution was!!! thanks Robyn! :)