Cant email because it wants my printer settings to be ReckonPDF converter as Default

Options
2»

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

I do use Splashtop and Google Remote Desktop and TeamViewer

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Sorry Deborah I was at an 18th birthday party, can’t help till Monday

• Kris_Williams
    Options

If you have a PDF printer - e.g. PDF995 - it’s free, you can select that printer and save as a PDF file and email as an attachment, without having to print and scan

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,225 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,225 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

Zappy its not a competition, tell the client and all of us so we can help others.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Kris_Williams
    Options

Kevin

My suggestion was simply a quick workaround until you fix it tomorrow

• Kris_Williams
    Options

Kevin yeah, hence the word workaround, for the moment

• Deborah_10606983
    Deborah_10606983 Member Posts: 27
    Options

It might be because my Outlook needs updating, I see my Microsoft 365 is waiting for an update.... may be that? All the Administrator stuff was selected / done etc by the Reckon lady when she was on teamviewer...

• Kris_Williams
    Options

Sounds like a good move

• Deborah_10606983
    Options

Hi Zappy - sorry but how can I tell if I am using 2016? Sorry

• Deborah_10606983
    Options

YES - it is Office 2016

• Deborah_10606983
    Options

Outlook Version 2102

MS 365

Office 2016

windows 10

• Deborah_10606983
    Options

Hi Zappy. Well here's an interesting thing; I thought it might be due to the Office 365 annual renewal being due (which by the way I had not seen any reminders for) so I renewed it. I don't know if this is related or not, but after doing that, I then closed all the programmes and was about to shut the PC down and go to bed. Then I just got a feeling to open Reckon again, and see if it would send an invoice - which it did PERFECTLY! But get THIS: it was only then that I noticed that I hadn't even started Outlook up again at that time. So I then opened Outlook and had a look in the sent items, and sure enough there it was. Now I do not understand how it can send an email through my Outlook without it being open. It never used to. Outlook had to be open or else Reckon would pop up error messages when trying to email out. So anyway that's great, at least I can email the invoices now, but the problem is now:

Once I then opened up Outlook, and then into Reckon to email an invoice again - then I found the same problem. So Reckon can email out as long as my Outlook is not open. Why can't it do it when it IS open? Must be something simple....

I really appreciate your help and hope you don't mind persevering with me. I will pay you if you can sort it for me :-)

thanks

Deb

• Deborah_10606983
    Options

Oh great - okay then, do you think if I do that, we will find that Reckon does NOT need to be run in Administrator?

• Barbara Allen-Guthrie
    Barbara Allen-Guthrie Member Posts: 130 ✭✭
    Options

Deborah when I searched Accounts Premier I too ended up here and reading all this, but I wanted the Desktop not Hosted, so am still searching for help on that one :-(

• GerryWinter
    Options

You can call me and i will explain it all

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Barbara Allen-Guthrie
    Barbara Allen-Guthrie Member Posts: 130 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Gerry, I think I have sorted it :-)