Date change for transactions

Options

My Reckon file has changed the date of around 1,500 transactions from their original date to 19/7/21. Some of these transactions date back to 2003! I installed the new Reckon 2021 update on 15/7/21 but am unsure if this is related. I don't want to add any further transactions to the file until this is fixed. I am using Reckon Accounts Premier Desktop.

I am hoping someone can help.

Amanda

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Have you tried restoring a backup? Or doing a Data rebuild (3 times)

• Amanda_10577994
    Amanda_10577994 Member Posts: 15
    Options

Backup was going to be my last resort. I don't know how to do a Data rebuild - and is there a reason I have to do it 3 times?

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Rebuild is under file - utilities- rebuild data. It will do a backup first so make sure you have it setup so it doesn’t overwrite your existing backup- they should all have dates attached to them to eliminate this anyway. 3 times seems to be the magic number to fix up some anomalies

• Amanda_10577994
    Options

Thanks Kris. Is it worth doing the rebuild or go straight to restoring the backup?

• Kris_Williams
    Options

I would try the rebuild

• Amanda_10577994
    Options

I took your advice Kris and tried the rebuild 3 times. Unfortunately, the problem is still there. I was hoping someone from Reckon would comment on how to fix it.

• Kris_Williams
    Options

Have you tried phoning support?

• Amanda_10577994
    Options

UPDATE: Rang support. I had heard horror stories but they were very good. The first person I talked to couldn't help, but said a senior rep would ring me within 1-2 hours. Just over an hour later, he rang. Had to restore the last v2020 backup to the 2021 version. Data file seems okay now - just have 10 days of data to re-enter!

• Kris_Williams
    Options

sorry they couldn’t get your data back to normal. Make sure you backup every time, then it’s not such a big deal when things go belly up. Good luck

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,225 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

Make sure you dont over ride an older backup as well.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com