Invoice not balancing

Hello, I have just installed my Reckon Accounts Plus onto my laptop and have created an invoice template. I have tried to enter a customer and used my item's to do this and it all looks fine. Shows the amount with tax inclusive. Shows the gst amount that was included and then the balance which is naturally the same as the tax inclusive amount. However it says it does not balance. I have gone through all the necessary setups etc and cannot understand what could be the problem. Can someone suggest please ?

Thank you

Debra

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Try using the same figures on a standard non customised invoice

• Debra Shinners
    Debra Shinners Member Posts: 8

Hi Kris, I did this as you suggested and says the same.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

That’s disappointing sorry nothing else to suggest, hard without seeing it

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

Let me log in and have a look, call me in 4 hours time.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Debra Shinners

Problem has been solved :)

• Kris_Williams

May I ask what it was if explanation is not too lengthy?

• Debra Shinners

It turned out something quite simple. On the List and then the Tax item List, I realised that where it has tax agency, it was incorrect what was in there. I had two files - one was Australian Tax Office and another saying Australian Taxation Office. When I was cleaning out some of my supplier lists, I had deleted Australian Tax Office when it should have been the other one. Once I correct it, the GST situation for my invoices worked correctly ! I had assistance I must admit, with Reckon direct and between us it was solved. Just takes one little thing sometimes doesn't it. Hope that all makes sense.

• Kris_Williams

It certainly does, the simplest things can make a big difference. Whenever I end up in trouble it’s because I’ve been cleaning up my computer!