Script Error when updating Share prices

Options
aussiedaffyd
aussiedaffyd Member Posts: 1
edited November 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
why won't my share prices update, and why do I keep getting the "scritp error" message on this contact method

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi aussiedaffyd,

Sorry to hear of your problems.  It sounds like you have 2 problems here.

Have you recently upgraded your PC?

For the share price issue, run your Reckon Accounts Personal (previously Quicken) in Run As Administrator and in Compatibility mode for Windows XP sp2 - right click your desktop icon and select Properties > Compatibility.

If you are using Internet Explorer v10 or v11, then add reckon.com.au to your Compatibility View Settings (in IE, under Tools) and add it to your Trusted Sites (Tools > Internet Options > Security).

Let me know how you go.

Regards, John 
  • Brian Sharp
    Brian Sharp Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I too have the same problem. What are the correct settings for Norton 360 Premier and Windows 8 as they may be causing the problem. I also get script error messages even after making reckon a trusted site.
  • Hardi
    Hardi Alumni Posts: 5
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Hi Brian, Please try below steps. IE> Internet Options> Tools> Advanced> Browsing and made sure that Disable Script Debugging (IE) and Disable Script Debugging (Other) checked and Display a notification about every script error unchecked then try again If you still have same issue please also try below steps. Reduce Security and Privacy Levels on Internet Explorer 1. Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options 2. Security > Internet > lower the security bar one notch a. If you do not have a security level bar, click on Custom Level; b. In Reset To box, choose the next lower option; c. Click OK to save. 3. Privacy > lower the setting bar one notch. 4. Click OK to save. Please also make sure when you run your Reckon Accounts Personal (previously Quicken) in Run As Administrator and in Compatibility mode for Windows XP sp2 - right click your desktop icon and select Properties > Compatibility
  • Brian Sharp
    Brian Sharp Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2014
    Options
    (Mr?) Hardi. Thank you for your immediate response and attempted solution - very refreshing. All the Debugging options were already ticked and unticked as per your suggestion so no changes made. The program is run as Administrator and compatibility set to windows XP SP2 - already did that as per the suggestions in this thread. My security is set by Norton 360, not IE. Never the less, shutting the Norton 360 firewall off and minimising security on IE still will result in a prices download. I have had this issue with downloads ceasing on many previous occasions. My previous solution was to uninstall the QW program and re-install and that has fixed it in the past, but not this time. I accept it is not a program issue as it works to start off with but it is unstable and doesn't seem to like updates or something like that.
  • Hardi
    Hardi Alumni Posts: 5
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Hi Brian, Sorry to hear that still the same issue exists. I have found some information from the Norton community which is as below. Go to IE> click on Tools>click on Internet Options>tab to Advanced>look into Security>Untick the box where it says 'Check for server certificate revocation and also untick "Check for signatures on downloaded programs' To find out more about this information and other solution please refer to below link. http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/Quicken/td-p/382414 Regards, Hardi
This discussion has been closed.