How do I set up time in lieu

Judith Nicholls
Judith Nicholls Member Posts: 12
I would like to setup Time In Lieu as a Other Leave.
So as to record when an employee accrues time in lieu and when that time in lieu is taken giving them a balance on the payslip and in the Payroll records.
What is the best practice of using the other leave fields in Reckon accounts for this purpose.

thanks,
Judy.

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited June 2020
    Thanks for asking the Reckon Community Judith.

There are a few extra steps in this process, but this special note should help:
    http://library.reckon.com.au/library/pdf/qbi_Time%20in%20Lieu%20payslip%202.pdf

regards,
    John 
  • Judith Nicholls
    Judith Nicholls Member Posts: 12
    edited January 2014
    Thanks John, for pointing me in the right direction, is there a similar process for Long Service Leave.  Reporting correctly to leae liability and payslips.
    Judy
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016
    Hi again Judy,

LSL should be a straightforward holiday leave setup.

Make sure the box Leave Liability is ticked on the Leave Detail screen:

Hope this helps,

regards,
    John

• Rosie
    Rosie Member Posts: 118 ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Hi, Does anyone know how to set up time in lieu accrual for hourly staff instead of salaried. Using the file note above I worked out how to set up a TIL taken category but can't work out how to set up a TIL accrued category to manually type any TIL accrued during the pay period.

Thanks in advance, Rosie
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016

Hi Rosie,

How you could do this is to use one of the Other leave items like LSL as mentioned above, then in the actual pay screen you can use a negative number against that leave item to accrue the leave and a positive when they take it.

You can either have the hourly rate to 0 and it will just increase and decrease, or you can include the hourly rate and just adjust their normal hours as required.

I hope this makes sense.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh

sally@samsolutions.com.au

• Rosie
    edited September 2014
    Thanks Sally, I was hoping to set it up without having to use a negative but that will work : ) 
    What would you suggest for when I want to pay the TIL out on top of the employees base wages? Will I need to set up an additional payroll item for this? 
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016

Hi Rosie,

No you can use the same item so it will keep an accurate record of their leave available. It will just go in and out again.

If you use the $0 rate formula then you can pay their hours as normal.

If you use their actual rate then if they worked 20 hours, and then -2 went into TIL, which means paid for 18.

If they worked 18 hours then +2 went itno TIL for paid for 20.

I hope this makes sense.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh

sally@samsolutions.com.au

• Rosie
    edited September 2014
    Ok that does make sense. Thanks so much for your help