How do I delete incorrect layby customers?

Options
Ashleigh Wright
Ashleigh Wright Member Posts: 3
edited February 2017 in Point of Sale
Hi, I have created two incorrect layby customers, without recorded payments?

Comments

• Babi
    Babi Alumni Posts: 75
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi Asheigh,

Thank you for your Query.  Has there been any transactions under that customer? We can only  delete the customer from lay by list through POS Admin when there is no owing, which means all the balance record should say 0.00. If this is the case, then from Admin>>LAY BY. Select the layby >>DELETE.

Let me know if this is what you mean or should you need further assistance,

Thank you.
  • Ashleigh Wright
    Ashleigh Wright Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Some, I have changed the days for historical data, some have paid out laybys, and some are changed with a **VOID** as we have had to create a new account for them.

So basically, can I, and if so HOW do I DELETE a customer with a transaction?

Thanks in advance, Ashleigh.
  • Babi
    Babi Alumni Posts: 75
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi Ashleigh,

Thank you for your post again,

As advised before, system will not allow you to delete the lay by customer with the transactions, so firstly we must clear the transactions and you  could use the clearing account to pay off those remaining lay by balance or can consult your accountant to offset the amount.

Please let us know if you have any confusion on this one,

Regards,

Babi
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi Ashleigh,

If you have 2 customers that are the same and there are 2 records, you could merge them together if need be. You just have to change one customer to have the exact same name as the other and it will merge them. Warning though, you cannot unmerge or undo and whichever one has the name you wish to keep will be the one with all the information in it i.e. name, phone, address, etc.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to email me directly at sally@samsolutions.com.au.

Kind regards,

Sally