Using QuickBooks Plus 2012/13 and Win8 compatability

Options
CBS360
CBS360 Member Posts: 1
edited February 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Using QuickBooks Plus 2012/13 and Win8 compatability?
I have been using Reckon Accounts Premier 2014 Annual Licence for several months, but am unable to continue with the annual licence.
I wish to revert to using my QB Plus 2012/13 (disks in hand) but uncertain if this will run on Win 8 - laptop died and new desktop has Win 8
Is this possible, or is there a conversion process?
Having changed to Reckon Accounts Premier, I have obviously missed any automatic update options for my QB Plus 2012/13 - since I need to make this change will any of the free upgrade to Reckon Accounts Plus 2012/13 be available.  If so, how do I access this.
JS

Comments

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Options

Hi JM,

Although QuickBooks 2012/13 can in some cases install on Windows 8, its not offically supported and does not always work.  Another thing to take note of is that QuickBooks 2012/13 will no long be supported as Reckon Tech Support only supports the last 2 versions released, and since Reckon Accounts 2014 is being released it will "Sunsett" the 2012/13 version (meaning Reckon will no longer support it).

You will have another problem with this, being your company file will not be able to revert back to the 2012/13 version if you have been using it in the 2013 version.

If using Windows 8 then I highly recomend upgrading to the 2014 version which is just now becoming available.  At  least this way you will be using a supported version in a supported environment, and if you need help tech support will be able to provide support.  If you do go with QuickBooks 2012/13 on Windows 8 and run into problems you wont be able to get tech support, so upgrading is the safest course of action.

Here is a knowlege base article on QuickBooks 2012/13 & Windows 8 http://kb.reckon.com.au//issue_view.asp?ID=4693.

Hope this clarifies things for you.

Regards,
    Shane.

• Marcia Hogan
    Marcia Hogan Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I am presently in a position where I have purchased a Win8 computer and now unable to install my Quickbooks Plus 2012/13 because of error 1603 to do with the .NET Framework 1.1 issue, and also the fact that my backup files are from R3 and I can't restore them at present .  After reading your comments above I would like to say that Reckon support is very poor & disappointing in that 2012/13 version is not very old for them to be withdrawing support and thus forcing users to "upgrade as the safest course of action" as you have said.  Many small businesses like myself, just a bookkeeper providing a service simply can't afford to upgrade every year as well as the difficulties and timeout that comes with upgrading.  I believe Reckon should at least offer existing customers of Quickbooks Plus 2012/13, the 2014 Version at a very reduced price so that it can be used with WIN8 which has been  sold with most new computers for well over 12months now. My Customer No. is 264626 if you would like to discuss this further or reply.