Upgrading from V7.4 to Reckon Accounts 2014

Options
Di S
Di S Member Posts: 3
edited February 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

I have purchased Reckon Accounts 2014.

My older version of the program is V7.4. I understand I need to instal Quickbooks 2002 Trial Version 9, then Quickbooks 2007/08. Where do I access trial versions of these?

Comments

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi Di,

These trial versions are provided on your Reckon Accounts 2014 CD.  Please refer to the red booklet labled installation and upgrade guide for full details on doing the upgrade.   Page 53 onwards will show how to install QuickBooks 2002 and 2007/08.  I recomend reading through the guide as it explains everything you need to do.

Regards,
    Shane.
  • Di S
    edited April 2014
    Options

Thank you Shane, I will check this out.  The guide looked pretty daunting not a "light read".  :)

• Di S
    edited May 2014
    Options

I am getting the following error message "QuickBooks setup has detected that this system should be restarted before installing software.  We strongly recommend that you restart your system now.  There are pending file operations  OK
    I have restarted and the same error continues to recur.
    Have updated 7.4 to 7.5 PRO Trial.  Do I need to uninstall 7.4 (reluctant to do so as I cannot check data in a trial version).

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Di,

Reckon has a knowledge base article on this error available at http://kb.reckon.com.au//issue_view.asp?ID=1310.  It requires editing the Windows registry, so be careful doing this.  Some users may need an IT proffessional to carry out these steps.  Look at the solution it has for Windows XP as this is relevent for Windows Vista, 7 and 8 also.

Regards,
    Shane.