Options to Downgrade Reckon Accounts data files

Options
Stephen Heyer
Stephen Heyer Member Posts: 4

We have a Quickbooks Pro 2003 2 user (upgrade from 7.4) that was purchased for a then fair size business we owned part of.

We are still using it as it does everything we need and then some (except run on later Windows versions than XP) but our current business is now quite small and it is just used for that business and some personal accounts. If we buy something to replace it we think something like Reckon Accounts Accounting would be more appropriate, Accounts Pro would be way overkill.

The problem is all the data on the current company files. Can the current two company files be converted to suit Reckon Accounts Accounting so that our data is retained?

Or, can we at least import our lists such as Accounts, Accounts Receivable, Item List…

We especially need to retain our customer invoices.

Stephen Heyer

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Stephen,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Reckon Community.

Normally, you are not able to downgrade files directly. You do have the option of exporting data and then reimporting to the Accounts Accounting. Alternatively, you might be able to contact our Data Services Team, who work with file repair, upgrades and downgrades.

This thread might be of use to you: https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/accounts_hosted_back_to_desktop_version

Thanks,
    Mirko

• Stephen Heyer
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Thanks Mirko,
    I'll do some experimenting, I believe I saw somewhere that I can download a trial version of Accounts Accounting so I can find out if that would work before buying.

Stephen Heyer

• Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi Stephen

You will be able to open the datafile in Reckon Accounts Plus (and above), but not in Accounting or EasyStart.

You will not longer be able to access Timesheets, Estimates etc, but the file should open and operate ok.

Graham
    reckonhelp.com.au

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au

• Stephen Heyer
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Thanks Graham, I'll look into that. Do you mean that Reckon Accounts Plus should open my QuickBooks Pro 2003 or will I have to go through several upgrade steps?

Thanks again. I'm really behind the curve here so every suggestion or snippet of information is appreciated.
    Stephen Heyer
  • Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2015
    Options
    You will need to upgrade via QuickBooks 2007-08.  I think it comes with the trial resources, but if it;s missing send me an email and I will send you a link to a dropbox download.

Graham
    Reckon Accredited Partner
    graham@reckonhelp.com.au

• Stephen Heyer
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Thanks again.
    I will try that as soon as my business partner and I am able to get a little time together to experiment.
    Stephen Heyer
  • Martin De Vries
    Martin De Vries Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I have a similar problem. I have been using Quickbooks Plus 2011-2012 until now when my old PC died. I wish to migrate to Reckon Accounts (on the desktop) but wish to use the 'Accounting' version rather than the 'Accounts Plus' version since I no longer have a need for Payroll functions. Problem is that 'Accounting' version does not recognise my .qbw files from QB Plus. However. 'Accounts Plus' trial version works fine with my old .qbw files.

Is there a way to install the 'Accounts Plus' trial version, import all my old QB files and templates; and then DOWNGRADE from 'Accounts Plus' to 'Accounting' version?

Thanks for looking.

Martin
  • Graham Boast
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi Martin.

Sorry, but no.  There are 4 families of Reckon Accounts:
    • EasyStart
    • Accounting
    • Plus & Premier (includes old Pro versions)
    • Enterprise
    You can move up, but not down.  You can move from Premier/Pro to Plus, but you will no longer be able to access Premier/Pro features or data.

Reckon data recovery can downgrade files, but you need to weigh this against just the $239 difference between accounting and plus.

Graham