A way to get credits to show for customer not just job

Options
Trevor Watson
Trevor Watson Member Posts: 61
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Is there a way to get customer credits to show/be available on a customer level not just a job level?

If I don't create specific jobs per customer I will get notified when creating an invoice that the customer has existing credits available, however if I create specific jobs the notification only applies when a new invoice on that job is raised - is there a way around this?

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Trevor,

Although there is no direct way to do this, there is a work around. Please try the steps in the following link;

http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=4776

Thanks,
    Mirko

• Trevor Watson
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Thanks Mirko I'll have a play with this.
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Sounds good Trevor, hope it does the trick!
  • Trevor Watson
    edited May 2014
    Options

Unfortunately Mirko that method doesn't achieve what I'm after. Yes it let's me assign a credit to a different job, but the available credit only gets picked up as applying to that re-assigned job.

What I'm after is this.

Invoice#1 raised for CustomerA:Job1

Credit raised against Invoice#1 credit assigned to CustomerA

New Job (Job2) created for CustomerA

Invoice#2 raised for CustomerA:Job2

On printing Invoice2 RA advises me "credits available for CustomerA do you want to apply?"

To use the posted workaround method I would have to either a) already have Job2 created and available, or b) remember that a credit exists for CustomerA and manually apply it to Job2.

• Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Trevor,

You are right.

There is an alternate work around which will not allow for alerts, but an easier way to track available credits to a customer.

You can set up a separate job under customer's like I have in the image below, and use it only for adjustment/credit notes. This will create a negative balance, so by calling up your customer list, you will see each customers owing and credits easily.

To use the credits it would be a matter of transferring the (or part of) negative balance across to the job you need the credits to be in.  (note: this image only has a credit and normal job, you could have as many as you need.)

Cheers,
    Mirko
  • Trevor Watson
    edited June 2014
    Options

Cheers Mirko I'll use that in the meantime and submit this as a suggested feature.

Thanks

• Angela_6637529
    Angela_6637529 Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2014
    Options
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Applying a customer unused credit to various jobs. A customer of ours has a credit which I need to apply to various open jobs in their account with us. This credit has not been used to pay off any jobs so far. How do I apply this credit from one job to another? The existing Reckon help function "Applying a customer credit from one job to another job" is extremely unhelpful as my scenario is that the credit hasn't been applied at all to anything & it has to be used across various jobs for that customer.
  • Angela_6637529
    edited September 2014
    Options

I have tried this alternate work around & it still does not allow the credit to be used against another job. This is what I am doing:

Customer Tab: Receive Payments

Enter the Customer Name

Tick job A

Click on the 'credit's button

The pop up 'credits' screen doesn't show any available credits. This is due to the fact that the credit isn't listed as the same job as job A.

What am I doing wrong?

• Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Angela, thanks for the follow up. Once you have set up the new job named credits as above. The process for making the transfer from credits to a particular job through the General Journal can be found here. Thanks.
  • Angela_6637529
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Thank you Mirko, that has helped me immensely.
  • Angela_6637529
    edited October 2014
    Options

I have followed both processes and now I am left with the original credit notes showing open balance in the, customer account: Payments and Credits tab. Further up the list of these payments and credits shows the journal entry I did to credit A/R. So in effect there is a zero balance; but, how can I clear away the open balance of the original credit note so that it shows zero not an amount. As it looks deceiving upon initial perusal of the account as you can mistake that its still waiting to be applied to invoices. I hope I've made this clear.

• DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi, I simply cheat the system. Create the credit for the job, then when the customer pays a different job and then takes up the credit, I open the credit, change the name back to the client name not the job name, effectively moving it, and then you can select the credit when they pay any of the invoices. But only do this at the time of receipting payment or it will confuse both you and the customer.