How to track super balance over time w/ Accounts Personal

Options
John K
John K Member Posts: 2
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
In ReckonAccounts Personal Plus 2013, what is the best account setup and method to track a superannuation balance over time?   I've attempted to create a Superannuation account under Investing (Investing: Retirement), however all of the transactions relate to stock ownership - buying, selling shares, investing dividends etc.  There doesn't seem to be a simple method of updating the account balance periodically.  Thanks

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hey John,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

If you are ONLY looking to track your Super by updating balances as they are provided to you, there is 2 ways to go about it.

1. Create a Property Account, and as you receive statements/Super Summaries, update the balances accordingly.

or 2. Create a Bank Account and do the same.

The Investment Centre even with Super Accounts focuses on the share/fund unit prices and tracks the balances accordingly.

If you are merely looking for a simple balance tracking Account the options above would be best.

Thanks,
    Mirko
  • John K
    John K Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Thanks Mirko - I suspected that might be the case.

As a possible enhancement to 'Property/Debt' style accounts,  can I suggest incorporating a method of purely updating an account balance periodically - and have Reckon calculate the increase/decrease?  Currently I have to calculate (by hand) the increase/decrease amount from my superannuation statement to update the balance accordingly.

Thanks
    John.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Thanks John,

Will pass up your idea to our Developers.

regards,
    John
  • Craig Munday
    Craig Munday Member Posts: 4
    Options

I created an investment account and simply update the overall balance from the super statement. I would have liked to split the balance by the individual investment options and track the performance of each, but this doesn't appear possible/obvious for a super fund that uses daily credit ratings.