Point of Sale Lite 2013. No transactions after program restart?

Options
Nicole Attard
Nicole Attard Member Posts: 7
edited December 2017 in Point of Sale
Hi all,

I'm using Point of Sale Lite 2013 for a small business. Today I had a problem with the receipt printer and was forced to restart both the administrator and the terminal programs. After that the program started fine, but all the days transactions disappeared. I then ran the end of day report and again, none of the transactions appeared. 

I'm assuming there must be some way to restore the days transactions in the event the program requires restarting, but I sure can't find it, and the documentation is....ummm.....lacking substance.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Comments

• ARC BookKeeping
    ARC BookKeeping Member Posts: 168
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Hi Nicole, I am new to POS and not sure all the differences in lite and pro POS.... In Pro in the options of the Administrator Program there is a changeable option of how many days info you want to keep. Then in the terminal program you can access this information via the transaction history button (Trans, History). (if it is not on screen... go options/keyboard layout/ add button/ function/ look for transaction history in the list/ apply /edit font & color as appropriate/ save) I will ask my guru POS friend tomorrow if there is any other way to get/find those missing transactions.... Hope this at least helps a little for now, Cheers for now Angie Carlyle
  • Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi Nicole

The normal cause of this is either you have set up a new terminal, or you have set up a new database.

To check if it's a new terminal, go into administrator and select the delete button (Yikes!!)

his will bring up a screen thsat list the terminals.  You may be able to tell that there is a 2nd terminal when there should only be 1.

The 2nd reason is that you may have created a 2nd POS database.  From Windows Explorer, search for file QBPOS.PDB on all disks (remembering that the database may be on a mapped network drive).

Once you find out which problem it is, or if it is neither of these, drop me a line and I can set up a remote support session.

Graham Boast'
    Reckon Accredited Consultant
    graham@reckonhelp.com.au
    www.reckonhelp.com.au/remotesupport

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au

• Nicole Attard
    Nicole Attard Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Thank you both very much for the replies. I'm still unsure exactly what happened, but the POS started just fine the next day and the end-of-day report worked as expected. It is a bit of a concern that closing the program transports all the days transactions in to the ether, so I think I will speak with the company that installed the system and see if they can clear up the cause.

Angie, I also have the same options you mentioned, so the transaction were not lost, just, umm...misplaced :)

Graham, definitely didn't delete the terminal (thank goodness!)

Many thanks,

Nicole.