how to change the file name of the pdf

Options
Michelle_7013551
Michelle_7013551 Member Posts: 1
edited August 2016 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I had Quick Books 2008/09 and it used to allocate the invoice number & business name to the file name when it created a pdf for emailing. Since upgrading to Reckon Accounts Pro 2013 and more recently 2014 it no longer does this and every file that is emailed is called moz_mapi-1 some employees are unable to open it in this way and I hate sending out invoices like that too in case our clients encounter the same problem so I have had to manually save each payslip, invoice & statement with a file name & .pdf but this is really counterproductive. Is there a way I can set things up to automatically do this again? Thunderbird is my default email provider if that has any bearing on the issue.

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Michelle, when clicking on Save As PDF it will allow you to choose the file name you would like. If you go print>print as PDF, the PDF converter will choose the name for the file.

As Thunderbird is not supported, I'm not sure what the manipulations are that need to be made for the file to integrate correctly, there is an old article which I cant confirm if it still works.

Looking at Outlook the email feature did work fine.

In saying that I'd recommend saving as PDF and then add as attachment when using Thunderbird.

If any users in the community have any further experience with Thunderbird-Reckon Accounts manipulation their input would be greatly appreciated.

-Mirko