upgrade 2013 reckon accounts to 2014

Options
Fe Galvin
Fe Galvin Member Posts: 4
edited September 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
When installing reckon accounts 2014 (have tried download link and cd) it does not give me the option to upgrade from 2013 (which we use), its greyed out, so I go ahead installing 2014 and once completed and I choose the general product version it comes up with an error saying "an error occurred attempting to reconfigure your new edition of reckon" and telling me to try uninstalling and reinstalling. Ive done this several times. How do I make it work???? A prompt reply would be appreciated as its now nearly August and I still cant get your programs updated!

Comments

• ARC BookKeeping
    ARC BookKeeping Member Posts: 168
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Hi there Fe Galvin,

We need a few more details to help us assist you...

Which Window operating System are you using??

Have you made sure that you are logged into the computer as administrator & do you have your anti virus turned off?
    When you install... is it installing into its own folder? eg Reckon Accounts 2014

They have changed the way Reckon installs now... In the past the new product/version would over write the old version. Now they can sit side by side. (So long as they are installed into their own folder)

If you would like to email me I can help you more directly one on one if that helps.

regards
    Angie Carlyle
    Abcarlyle@xtra.co.nz 
  • Suzanne Lockwood
    Suzanne Lockwood Accredited Partner Posts: 71 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2019
    Options

Hello Fe Galvin,

From what I understand from your post it sounds like you are installing Reckon Accounts Premier 2014 and selecting the General Business Edition when first opening the program after installation has completed?

If so, knowledgebase Artice 3783 addresses this issue  - http://kb.reckon.com.au//issue_view.asp?ID=3783 .   Depending on your IT experience you may need to enlist some assistance with this one.

All the best.

Suzanne Lockwood

Reckon Accredited Consultant

• vinia
    vinia Alumni Posts: 53
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hello Fe Galvin,

if following the link that Suzanne had given you didn't work. Uninstall Reckon Accounts 2014 again and do make sure that list below is checked.

1. Computer anti - virus is disabled during the installation (important) so it is not blocking any parts of the program configuration.

2. Please turn off the Computer User Account Control and just enabled after installation if you want to.

HOW TO:

Question:

How do I turn User Access Control on or off?

Solution:

To turn UAC on or off:

Windows 7/8/8.1

a.     Click on the Windows Start button and select Control Panel;

b.     On the top right where it says "view by" change it to "large icons"

c.     Select User Accounts and then Change User Account Control Settings;

d.     Slide the control bar to min to turn off and max to turn on; click OK and close the Window.

3. Then reinstall the Reckon Accounts 2014 again.

Let us know how you went and hope this helps you.

Kind Regards,

Vinia Laguda

Reckon Technical Support