My home currency has changed - how do I change it back?

Erin_7029088
Erin_7029088 Member Posts: 2
I am using QuickBooks Pro 08/09 version. I recently had to re-install due to software upgrade on my computer. So I re-installed and re-opened my company file from backup. Everything is appearing as should be however my currency has changed to British Pounds. How can I change it back? 

Comments

• ARC BookKeeping
    ARC BookKeeping Member Posts: 168
    edited August 2014
    Hi There Erin,

This sounds like a very interesting problem and a very unusual thing to have happened...

Have you tried doing another restore to see if it happens again?

I am not sure as to why or how this happened or even how it did it by itself!!!

but the area to look look to change if you use multicurrency/home currency is Preferences/Accounting/Company Preferences

Hope this helps...  I would love to hear how you get on...

If this doesn't work/help, I would really recommend you get a hold of Reckon or acredited Consultant near you.

Reckon ph: 1800 RECKON
    Aussie Partners
    Kiwi Partners

Cheers
    Angie Carlyle

• Scott_6428906
    Scott_6428906 Reckon Staff Posts: 75 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    Hi Erin,

If multi-currency is not enabled in your file then please see Neil's comments on the thread below. It could just be that Windows is set to a non-Australian region resulting in the use of the pound symbol instead of the dollar symbol.

https://community.reckon.com.au/recko...

Regards,

Scott.
  • Erin_7029088
    Erin_7029088 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2014
    Thanks so much for your help guys, it was due to region in windows being set to UK English. I changed that and QB is back to AU dollars :)
  • Kevin V. Russell
    Kevin V. Russell Member Posts: 265
    edited June 2015
    I would have checked the regional settings first
  • Bruce Watson
    Bruce Watson Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2017
    Same here....it was a matter of changing to English Australia in more than one spot in Windows 10. Wherever you see English UK change to English Australia but there is more than one box to change. Changing one wont fix it.