Purchased reckon online and did not receive a license key :(

Options
Tanya Wilkinson
Tanya Wilkinson Member Posts: 6
edited May 2019 in Point of Sale
I just purchased reckon personal product as my trial has expired and was hoping to get the software license key straight away, so I could work on my tax over the weekend. I checked online and they said that although a cd would be dispatched you will be sent a license key and download link straight away. I only received an invoice with nothing else apart from an order number. I would have gone to an actual shop to purchase it if I had of known. Has anyone else ordered online and not received a license key straight away. I tried to ring but not open on the weekend.

Comments

• Barry Roper_7015772
    Barry Roper_7015772 Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Just download the trial version and you can work on it immediately with a License Key
  • Tanya Wilkinson
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I already have a trial version with most of the work done (transactions downloaded from bank etc) but since that has now expired I cant access it anymore without a key. 

• Barry Roper_7015772
    Barry Roper_7015772 Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Sorry about that, but the license key does give you a short period of time to activate and use, thus making sure that others do not use pirate software etc. It may be the case that you used up this "free" time and now have to wait for a license key etc. As a Professional partner, I do have soem spare license keys but cant send to you over the internet - Barry at www.roptanbookkeeping.com.au

• Tanya Wilkinson
    edited September 2014
    Options
    If I used one of your spare keys, what would happen when mine comes would I change it or not worry. (0414547625) Thank you Barry for your reply.
  • Tanya Wilkinson
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thanks Andrew, I thought POS meant purchasing issues. I have looked at the invoice and it does not have a customer ID or pin, just an invoice number. Oh well I will just have to wait I suppose.
  • ARC BookKeeping
    ARC BookKeeping Member Posts: 168
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Tanya, Have you tried un-installing and re-installing the product?

If not.... give it a go..... you might just get a surprise.. then don't exit or turn of the pc until you are done

Cheers
    Angie Carlyle

• Tanya Wilkinson
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I don't want to lose what work I have already done though and if I uninstall I would imagine that I would be starting again.

• ARC BookKeeping
    ARC BookKeeping Member Posts: 168
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Hi Tanya,

When you put data into the program, you started a data file... a bit like when you open MS Word and type your first words you create a document. (You will find this file most likely in the default location- c:user\(yourname)\Documents\Quicken\QDATA... unless you told the program to put your data file some place else.)

If you were to uninstall MS word the Documents would still be there.... just you cant open them, so to, if you are to uninstall a Reckon product the Data file is still there... you just cant open it, until you re-install. What you uninstall is the program files not the data file, the data file stays on your PC.

Cheers

Angie Carlyle

• Tanya Wilkinson
    edited September 2014
    Options
    No Andrew
    Not even a reply I am trying to find the phone number atm to ring

This discussion has been closed.