"0" ABA file preview

Liz McGrath_6952006
Liz McGrath_6952006 Member Posts: 13
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have had a problem with creating the ABA file for payroll. I have created the paycheques, they are sitting in the online banking area, all ticked but when I preview the ABA file it is empty. It says 0 employees and 0 payroll amount. This has happened twice in the last 2 months. Has anyone else had this problem? There are over 40 employees so deleting and re-doing the pays is not an option, especially when there is no guarantee that it will work a second time. I had to enter them manually in the bank.

Comments

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017

Hi Liz,

Are you using a Terminal Server? Are you logged into your computer as the admin user? Have you tried logging into the sample file to see if you have the same issue?

Also, you may find although the preview is empty, if you opened the ABA file in notepad (be careful not to save it when closing) you may find that they are actually there.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• Liz McGrath_6952006
    edited September 2014
    Hi Sally,

Thanks for your reply.

No I am not using a terminal server, it is always the same PC but doesn't happen every time.
    It has happened twice since the upgrade after June 30 2014.
    I am logged in as the admin user.

I did open the ABA file in notepad last time and it was definitely empty. 
    I sometimes have to change the pay cheques before exporting them, would that make a difference?
    I am at loss, I have been doing this payroll for about a year without a problem, until about 6 weeks ago it happened, then again 2 weeks ago.

Thanks & regards,
    Liz

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017

Hi Liz,

I had a client with this same issue and it turned out to be a firewall issue, but theirs happened every time.

Perhaps try an uninstall and reinstall?

Or perhaps something has changed? A Microsoft Update?

Speak to your IT guy to make sure there is full access granted to these folders:

C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Reckon Accounts 2014\HtmPages

C:\ProgramData\Reckon\Reckon Accounts 2014\Accounts Enterprise 2014

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• Liz McGrath_6952006
    edited September 2014
    Thanks Sally,
    I will pass this onto the IT person who did the upgrade.
    I am running payroll today, so fingers crossed.
    Regards,
    Liz
  • Gavin Lucas
    Gavin Lucas Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2014
    We have had this exact problem 2 out of the last 3 pay runs with no reason for it. Have been using this product for 7 years with no issue like this?
  • Liz McGrath_6952006
    edited October 2014
    Hi Gavin,
    I have not had the problem since my post, having said that I have not discovered the cause.
    One thing I have been doing before I run payroll is to verify and rebuild the data. I am not sure this helps but will keep doing it. 
  • MariaMcAdam
    MariaMcAdam Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2016
    I re-dated our Feb payslips from Jan 19 to Feb 2. The online banking screen shows the pays, but the preview and created aba file comes up with no transactions, even if I backdate the "process pays" date.  It "exports" the ticked pays to a file but that file has a zero balance with no transactions - even the csv file has no transactions, I have checked.  The supplier ABA transactions exported fine a half hour ago.
  • Tim Kluger
    Tim Kluger Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2017
    I re-dated payslips from 28th July to 27th July (today) and come up with the 0 payments 0 amount ABA file preview; does this mean I have to delete and re-do the payslips again?
  • Tim Kluger
    Tim Kluger Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2016
    Update: I've deleted 1 payslip to test and re-did the payslip and now can view that one in the ABA file ... only 30 more to delete and re-do!

• Liz McGrath_8363278
    Liz McGrath_8363278 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2016
    Hi Tim,  I had this problem a couple of years ago. I did end up finding the cause but can't remember exactly what it was but it was to do with the dates.
    Try changing the date or date range and see if that helps. Better than re-doing all 30.  Good luck
  • Sharon_9040732
    Sharon_9040732 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2017
    Hi all,
    I just had a similar problem in Reckon Premier on a local terminal server. I had changed the payment date on the pay cheques so I think this was the cause of the problem (I've had a similar issue if I've moved them from the normal bank account too), they all appeared ticked in the online banking window but didn't show up on the preview or in the ABA file, I managed to get them to appear by "editing" the data on each one, the steps I took were as follows: in "Paycheque Detail", Unlock Net Pay, type over one of the hours entries then "OK" out, Save and Close.  It's still time consuming but better than starting over.
  • Bic
    Bic Member Posts: 1

Just tried Sharon's suggestions below and this worked for me too! Thank you Sharon.

I managed to get them to appear by "editing" the data on each one, the steps I took were as follows: in "Paycheque Detail", Unlock Net Pay, type over one of the hours entries then "OK" out, Save and Close. It's still time consuming but better than starting over.