Spending report in 2013 Personal that includes categories with zero spending.

John_S
John_S Member Posts: 4
I want a spending report, by category, that includes categories without any spending. i.e. a zero amount.  I cannot find a check-box or option to turn this on.  Currently, it only shows categories if there has been a 'spend' in that category.  I need this function for when I export to Excel and the number of categories have to be in the list whether zero or not.

Comments

• John Campbell
    John Campbell Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    edited February 2017

I don't know of a way of including zero values.

You could try reporting for multiple time periods, this way you will include more items, if they are non-zero for other time periods.

The alternative is to import the reduced table from RPP into excel and use this table as the source of a vlookup into the complete list of items, ie solve the problem in Excel.

John

• John_S
    John_S Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2014
    Thanks John, I am using the vlookup function to do this in Excel, but it includes an unsatisfactory additional number of steps. With a report against budget it would be good to know where spending has not occurred at a glance, not to mention making it more useful when exporting. Is this just a failing of the 'Personal' edition?