Unintentionally overcharged a customer via EFT but keyed in correct amount in POS Lite. Now I cant r

Options
Adam Palmer
Adam Palmer Member Posts: 2
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I unintentionally overcharged a customer via EFT ($59.90) but put through the correct price in POS Lite 2013 ($59.00). I realised the mistake had been made during END OF DAY. Incorrectly thinking I'd be able to refund the difference the following day,  I took into account the .90c difference when completing END OF DAY by adding .90c on to the EFT amount and was able to balance (effecitively saying there was 90 cent more than I had in the register). Now I cant reconcile in Reckon Accounts Plus 2013 as we are + 90cents. I know now i shouldnt have plucked 90cent out of the air and balanced son hoping someone has an idea of what I can do to fix this? Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi Adam,

If this was me, I would just edit it in Reckon Accounts.

When you do your posting at the end of the day it enters the data as a single or multiple sales receipts.

If it is a single sales receipt I would just find it and change it. If all on one sales receipt just edit appropriately.

Although it's nice for POS to be 100% accurate, at the end of the day it is just the front end and Reckon Accounts is the one that holds your "auditable" data so that's what needs to be 100% correct.

I hope this helps.

If you need a remote appointment to help you through this, just send me an email and we can organise a time!

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• Adam Palmer
    Adam Palmer Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi Sally,

Many thanks for replying so quickly. I will do as you suggest :)

Kind regards,

Adam