"Open balance" report under customer centre

Johan
Johan Member Posts: 3
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I need some help on the "Open balance" report under customer centre. For some customers, I have a balance of zero, but then when you look at the transactions related to the zero balance, i.e. tax invoice and payment, I have a tax invoice with a total of $1.41 and a payment with a balance of -$1.41. It seems as if the full amount of the payment has not been applied, and now leaves a small balance in both the invoice and payment. I need some help to understand what is happening here. Thanks

Comments

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 538 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    have you ticked/applied the payment to the invoice in the receive payments window?? Though it's sometimes going back to the very beginning and trying to sort it out depending on how you've entered either cheques or bills and bill payments
  • Johan
    edited November 2014

Hi Charles

Yes, I have ticked/applied the payment. When I click on "Apply Credits", I see the credit for the remaining balance sitting there, and it is ticked. If I untick it and tick it again, I still get the same result. It just doesn't want to apply the entire amount.

• Charley
    edited January 2020
    Perchance have you done the payment twice
  • Charley
    edited January 2020
    or created a credit
  • Johan
    edited November 2014

No, there is only a tax invoice and a payment. The payment covers 2 invoices, one of which has cleared.

• Charley
    edited January 2020

OK if the invoice is 1.41 and the payment is 1.41 then why has the balance gone backwards by 1828.89 when the balance should be 866.26

Try picking up a different report > Customer Balance Detail and then filter to that customer, go back quarter by quarter and see if there are any discrepancies 

• narelle harvey_7227725
    narelle harvey_7227725 Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2014

I did not understand the question right from the beginning

Regards Narelle Harvey