Adding a Job to the invoice on the screen

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0

I am new to Reckon and want to put a job column in my customised invoice. When I go to the options the job/project is blacked out for the screen option but I am able to tick the print option. How do I add this column to my invoice so I can enter jobs against customer invoices.

I haven't found a solution in the help

Thanks

Anne

Comments

• Inigo
    Inigo Member Posts: 193
    edited August 2017
    Hi Anne,

The "job/project" field in the template represents the "Customer:Job"

If you look in the Customer Centre, you can add a 'job' to an existing Customer Name by

1) clicking the New Customer & Job button
    2) Selecting Add Job

When you do this, the job you added will appear in the printed copy of the invoice if you ticked the "print" option

-IM
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2015

I am using jobs slightly differently. I set up jobs under our company name so I can monitor certain things eg a particular training event that I want to track income and costs on. Can I link those to other customers.

Thanks

ANne

• Inigo
    Inigo Member Posts: 193
    edited April 2015
    Hi Anne,

You can try using one of the 'custom fields' for a Customer or use an Other field in the invoice template.

You can customise the invoice template and add the Other 1 or Other 2 column
    Click on the Columns tab and tick for screen and print.
    Change the title to "Job"

For more information about custom fields, use the built in product help documentation.

Click on the He?lp menu and then Reckon Accounts Help, use the keyword custom fields

You may want to talk with one of the Accredited Partners who frequent this community as they may be able to talk with you about how best to handle your requirements.

Sally McIntosh and Graham Boast are very helpful and knowledgeable.

-IM

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017

Hi Anne,

You are better to use classes rather than jobs for this!

In the lists drop down menu there should be an option for a class list (if not, go to edit drop down menu > preferences > accounting > company preferences and tick the classes option).

When you setup classes you can use these on all your income and purchase transactions so you can keep track of your events.

Then you will be able to run a Profit & Loss report (for example) by class which will show you the profit for that class.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2017

I already am using classes to report on our profit centres but within this I have other things I need to track. Like I have a class for Training which is one of our profit centres and within that I have say IWS which is one of our training courses - I have a separate account for that. But then we have a number of IWS courses by date and location and these are what I wanted to create jobs for. That way I can tell what profit each individual course has made, while still being able to report a P&L on training as a whole

Thanks

Anne

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016

Hi Anne,

You can create further sub-accounts, or perhaps you could look at adding adiditonal income and expense accounts to your Chart of Accounts and then create customised reports?

The jobs will not really help you as imagine jobs like being a painter - you work for a building company and each job would be each house you painted.

Or you could look at I guess creating a customer for the individual course and then the jobs could be each attendee?

Or create an item for each course then you can report on your items?

Sally

• Sue Hamer
    Sue Hamer Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2017
    Hi, I am still trialling Reckon One and I can not see the above option for adding a job to an existing customer, I was previously using quick books pro 10/11 and loved that I could do this, please help me in the correct direction to find this option, I have added projects to the portal, thanks Sue