Always New to Recon Accounts
I am using Recon Accounts Personal Plus 2013. In earlier versions all I had do was open the program and it knew where the data file was and loaded it. Now, every time the program opens, I get the splash screen, "Welcome to ReconAccounts" select between new or existing user. Then I get the select data file window. Is this normal or just my system? I have tried this on both my desk top and lap top, both do the same thing.
Hey Kevin, thanks for reaching out to us.
Please be advised that technical support is not available till 6th Apr’15 for Reckon Accounts Personal range due to Good Friday/Easter.
Please follow the link for Support & Operating hours.
Stephen Deegan Member Posts: 2 ✭
Hello Kevin ,
I have the same thing, with Home & Business 2013 & now 2015. Not a big deal but a bit annoying when you are an existing user. It would be good if the system recognized an existing user & we didn't have the pop up but in my case I still need the select data file window
I'd be interested to find out what solution you get for this problem.
Based on other problems being reported, it may be related to:
1) tree name of the qdata file is too long or invalid: you could try shifting the qdata files to another directory, with a smaller tree name, say c:\quicken\qdata.qdf etc. (hopefully if you create the directory you should have the necessary rights to use the files). My typical file name is c:\Users\John\Documents\Quicken\Qdata.QDF and does not cause a problem. Be careful of special account names for "qdata.xxx" that are not valid windows file names.
2) Is the install on another drive, not c:, say a removable or network shared drive. If so try moving to c: and see if this fixes the problem.
3) do you have the correct access rights to the directory where your data is stored ? One of the more annoying changes with Win 7 and Win 8 has been the changes locking up of some important directories (which should be avoided so don't use them). You can check the properties of the directory storing your data and see if there is a problem.
4) have you registered your installation, although I think you would get a lot of other messages if you have not.
5) Another problem could be you do not have the necessary rights to change the QPP config files. This would be a problem with the install and could only happen if you have strange restrictions for different users. Log in with administrator rights if this is the case. ( I don't know how to do this, but if you have set up a strange access restriction, then presumably you may know.)
When you do find the cause of the problem could you let us know, as often the suggestions I have provided above do not address the problem but are more in the grouping of urban myths.
Hi Kevin & Stephen, thanks for your post and welcome to the Community.
I've found a support article which relate to this error;
Let me know how you go with it.
Kevin Chamberlain Member Posts: 13 ✭Hello all,
Thanks for the feed back.
I followed your suggestions. Unfortunately, with your para 1, I moved my data file to C: but my data file name was still longer that 8 chars. After reading the post above from Shakri, I repeated the copy process making sure the data file name is now <= 8 char, ALL GOOD!!
Thanks again guys for your help.
Good to hear you have solved the problem. Thanks for letting me know the outcome.
I would recommend avoiding the directories c:\ or c:\windows as these (and others) do have file access restrictions.
I create and use a directory c:\temp for most of my testing, as this does not suffer the restrictions windows places on system directories.
The regression of a file names less than 9 characters is a strange improvement !!
- 18.3K All Categories
- 6.3K Accounts Hosted
- 5.7K Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
- 10 PaySauce for Reckon Accounts NZ
- 984 Reckon Payroll App
- 12 Payroll App - Help Videos
- 13 Reckon Mate App
- 2.9K Reckon One
- 8 Reckon Invoices App
- 12 Reckon Insights
- 106 Reckon API
- 779 Payroll Premier
- 291 Point of Sale (Desktop)
- 1.8K Personal Plus and Home & Business
- 58 About Reckon Community