Quickpos 2011-12 and there quickbooks was accidently upgraded to 2012-13 now they wont talk to each

Options
Michael Hunter
Michael Hunter Member Posts: 5
edited February 2017 in Point of Sale
I have a client who runs Quickpos 2011-12 and there quickbooks was accidently upgraded to 2012-13 now they wont talk to each other. Is there a way to rollback the upgrade. Or can I Export and Import. I have tryed but wont let me. any clues from anyone.??

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Micheal, welcome to the community, Easiest would be if you have a back up file of the QB 2011-12. Import/Export would still require a new file to be created, and there is only so much that can be exported out.
  • Michael Hunter
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Thanks Mirko, That's the problem there in no version 2011-12 now only the 2012-13 file I only need the Item list and that wont import. I can export out to excel and that wont import either.
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Options
  • Michael Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I need to go the other way from new to old version.
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Michael, that thread deals with the same version 2013>2013. But the steps for exporting and importing an Item list would be the same, no matter which version your exporting from and importing to.
  • Chris McGregor
    Chris McGregor Member Posts: 140
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi, Export all lists to iif, Create new file oin old version and import iif files. Make sure new file on old version is the same name and location as original file(don't over write it rename the original). Should do it :)
  • Michael Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I think that this was the first thing that I tried, And it told me that the iif file was from a newer version and would not import. !
  • Michael Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi Chris, How important is the filename to be the same I think that I didn't have it the same and in same location.

Regards

• Chris McGregor
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Ah, in that case open the IIF file in notepad(not ms word) and delete the first 2 rows(making sure word wrap is off) then save the fails and try again.
  • Chris McGregor
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Very important if you plan on using the same pos PDB file. If you don't then you will receive an error 16 as the file in the pos database is different to the file the accounting software is running.
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Michael,
    Before the upgrade would have occurred a backup would have been taken. Is there any chance you still have a copy of this? 
    Also a straight Export > Import as you have noticed is not straightforward.
    Can I suggest contacting your local Reckon Accredited Partner for support if it is getting a bit tricky:
    http://home.reckon.com.au/support/Home/ReckonSupport/FindAReckonAccreditedPartner.aspx
    Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (Sally@samsolutions.com.au)