2015 Quickbooks update

Options
Sue Nankivell
Sue Nankivell Member Posts: 4
edited April 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have done something really stupid and forgot to do a backup on my computer before doing the 2015 update.  Is there anyway I can get my data back or do I just have to re-enter everything from my last backup?

Comments

• Maryke Ruth_7498913
    Maryke Ruth_7498913 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2015
    Options
    If you are using the desktop version you should still have your original data file on your computer and when you open 2015 Reckon than it will just come up with a box telling you that your data needs to be updated say yes to that and then it will also do a back up before updating.  Hope this works for you.
  • Simon_6685987
    Simon_6685987 Member Posts: 11
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Sue if my memory serves Reckon backs up as a part of the upgrade process. You could always search you computer for the file name or the extension qbb Simon
  • Sue Nankivell
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Well that is what I thought but when I went into Quickbooks it asked me to "Open an existing company file" which I did. Then I opened "Open a company file (.QBW)" that says "Opens a normal company file to continue working" and then "Next" 
    Then I come to a page that says "Open a Company" and this is where I'm stuck as The file name that is there is *.QBW,*.QBA   Files of type - Reckon Accounts Files (*.QBW, *.QBA) and it won't let me open it and I have looked through all the places to open it in and I can't find where to open it. This probably does not make sense. Unfortunately, I'm in Perth, Australia and it is Friday night and I can't contact Reckon now till Monday morning. 

• Sue Nankivell
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Are you in Australia?

• Sue Nankivell
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Perth, I will call you. Thank you so much.

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Reckon Support are open Saturday and Sunday... As victor suggested do a search hit start button but do it on all QB files.. *.QB  this will find all files, backup files and portable backup files. when you find the file you need right click and go to properties, this will tell you the folder the file is in for future reference. 

Again I am presuming you are using a desktop version not hosted, usually the QB files are in "my documents>company files"
  • Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    No Kevin Tasmania :-)
  • Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Just thought I'd put my 2 cents in. Just to annoy you cos you're a cranky old fulla, something like me. Get to be called officially old next month according to the daughters. Have a good Friday evening Kevie old son
  • cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    send me your photo Kev on that run pls!

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009