Error with line GST posting from Reckon POS.

Options
Ross Hart
Ross Hart Member Posts: 1
edited November 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have upgraded from Quickbooks 2007/08 and Retail POS to Reckon Accounts 2015 with Retail POs. However when trying to post to quickbooks for end of day i get the following errors

The taxable setting in tax code GST has been changed. This cannot be imported (this is in reckon accounts)

Then from POs i get the error

Error code :-13 General import line problem

any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Rik Dillon_7552540
    Rik Dillon_7552540 Member Posts: 14
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I had a similar problem and the error turned out to be a tax code on one item was incorrect - NCG instead of GST or vise versa.
  • Chris McGregor
    Chris McGregor Member Posts: 140
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Just to add to that, you've come fly changed versions from old quickbooks 07/08 which was a fox pro database to reckon accounts 2015 which is an sq database. During the coding changes back in 2008 the was tax was handled by transaction changes ever so slightly. So my question to you is did you post all you eod files from pos before upgrading or are these leftovers? As this too could be causin the issue. As the others have said however it could be as simple as the incorrect tax code on an item in the posting or it could be that an item in reckon accounts has the column for is taxable = no but there is a tax code attached to either purchase or sales(find this by exporting your items list to iif)
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Ross,
    Also check to see if you have an item called GST. I have seen this happen during that 07/08 upgrade.
    Kind regards,
    Sally McIntosh (Sally@samsolutions.com.au)