When I set up Holiday Pay in Payroll Item, do you check the box "Include in every hour worked leave

Options
Jane Shelton
Jane Shelton Member Posts: 3
edited April 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Comments

• Amanda Barrow-Scott
    Amanda Barrow-Scott Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Yes.  It will then give you a list of Inclusions such as Superannuation Funds that need to be ticked
  • Jane Shelton
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Is superannuation paid on holiday pay?

• Jane Shelton
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Also which payroll item is connected to Other 2 in Leave Liabilities?  Example if I want to accrue hours for RDO, but then when the employee actually takes the RDO, which Item is used to deduct when processing pays?
  • cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Yes, but you really should also consult with your registered Tax agent and also this is available at ATO site. But in these matters, which is SGC Act, you must properly seek advise from your engaged tax accountant, as he is covered under his PPC and PI to give you advise.

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Amanda Barrow-Scott
    Amanda Barrow-Scott Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Jane the 9.5% super guarantee applies to ordinary time earnings which includes holiday pay.  
    https://workplaceinfo.com.au/payroll/superannuation/superannuation-guarantee#7

Yes you can setup Other 1 and 2 for RDO or LSL
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 474 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Jane - you need to double check as Chandra suggests "but" it may be a different story if it is paid out unused annual leave on resignation :-) 

Regards
    Robyn Kelly
  • cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Yes,it can be caught in as ETP

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Jane

You can set up Other 1 & 2 from edit>preferences>payroll>company tab - there you can name either of them i.e RDO  or TIL (time in lieu or flexitime).  One you have done this the name i.e RDO will come up under wages in add new payroll item.

Then set up your payroll wage item  for RDO under wages> RDO choice.  (TIL is under other).

Now go to employees and set up the weekly accrual under the leave tab, you set up the 2hrs per wk - when it comes time to pay them you have to remember to pay them at an 8hr day, when paid on a payslip this will come out of the RDO leave accrual.

Anytime: Kim M: 0429 305300  E; Kim@kwikbooks.com.au