Budget Reports

Options
Kathy Barnes_7343299
Kathy Barnes_7343299 Member Posts: 5
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

I have created a budget using Reckon Premier 2015, when I run a budget v actual report, the budget amount is not the same as amount as I entered. I entered amounts including GST, my reports are set to Cash, Gross, which is what I want. Why don't my amounts agree, and how can I see what I want.

Along the same lines, I have come from a company where I can create my own reports. I want a report on P/L Summary, which shows current month (Actual & Budget) and YTD (Actual & Budget). Is my best Option to download into Excel and go from there, very time consuming, I am trying to use Reckon to save time not be more time consuming

Comments

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options

Kathy, What does the GST got to do with your P&L

You need to put in your Budget net of GST

All we are is a collection Agency for the ATO, the GST has nothing to do with our income or expenses

Reckon runs reports net of tax, forget the gross bit

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 803 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Kathy

Charles suggestion of NET is quoted correctly.   Budget of 100 + 10 gst = 110 should have 100 in the budget, and leave the 10 for GST in the balance sheet.

But as for the reporting side of your question,  you can select the Reports Menu and select Budgets and Forecasts,  to then select from a range of report layouts. the One you asked for would be the "Profit & Loss Budget Performance.  That option lets you select the particular BUDGET you made (you can have many for the same year if you are experimenting),  and select say:  "Account by Month" .    Don't forget you can refine the content of your report by clicking on "Modify Report, once it is viewed.  From there,  you can select other nice features like $Difference and % of Budget.

That report,  let's you select a range of DATES,  and further decide open the level of detail (for instance lots of columns for each month, or quarter for instance.  There is a Actual and Budget column for each 'period' (month or quarter for instance),  as well as your desired YTD  (actual and budgets)

Gary Pope
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant  (VIC. Aust)
    http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-accounts-clarified/
    "Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
          independent IT Professional
    and retired FCPA Accountant"