reckon 2015 'error: -6177, 0'

Options
Gordon Lamb
Gordon Lamb Member Posts: 3
edited August 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi,

Thank you for reading this post.

I have a customer running Reckon Accounts 2015 professional on a network. This is NOT cloud hosted.

Server is SBS2008, and installed fine, it also generally runs fine except:-
On a seaming random schedule the users report

imageimage

the solution is to kill and restart the 'Reckon Accounts Database Server Manager' application

There must be a better solution.

Any ideas?

Regards

Gordon

Comments

• Gordon Lamb
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I forgot to mention, as I'm not usually on site it's a pain for the users, as there is the delay in contacting me to get this fixed.

The server manager has company file monitor service running

Regards

Gordon

• Luke
    Luke Moderator, Reckon Staff Posts: 221 Moderator Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi Gordon,

Please have a look at this KB: http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=404 to see if the solutions suggested there can help you fix the issue.

Luke

• Gordon Lamb
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi,
    I've done all that except the reckon creaded user is not used to run the services, We have a services user on the machine, and the services are run using that user.
    Regards
    Gordon

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Gordon,

Check the .ND file for the company file and see whether it references the company file by a UNC path or a Mapped Network Drive.  Reckon Accounts needs a mapped network drive here.  Full details on changing it is available at:   .ND file fails every day - Error (-6177,0), (-6000,-83) or H202.

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John

• Min J Shen
    Min J Shen Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2017
    Options
    This is the first time I have uploaded my Reckon Enterprise Accountant edition 2015 from desktop file to Hosted. I have tried uploading a test file without GST first, all is ok. Then I have uploaded a client file with GST, but it has come up "6177 error". I have called Reckon support, a staff told me to email them with the details and they will solve it for me within 1/2 hours, but I have not heard of anything from them since last Thursday lunch time. I hope to hear from Reckon support to sort out this for me asap.  Thank you.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,409 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi there Min, welcome to the Community.

Sorry to hear you haven't heard back from the team yet. I believe there has been some work conducted on your case which should have resolved this error.

Could you please try again now and let know if the issue persists?

Thanks
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Min J Shen
    Min J Shen Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Thank you Rav. The problem seems being fixed on this particular file this morning by Reckon tech team, thanks to the tech guys. Hopefully this error will be fixed totally when I upload the other files next time. Min