Quickbook Upgrade

Peter Daley
Peter Daley Member Posts: 5
We are running an old version of QuickBooks Pro 7 and ready for an upgrade with our computer. We are getting very confusing information from the sales team. We don't need payroll, cloud, or multiple users but do require a similar accounting package with GOOD inventory do to our legal requirements to be able to report on all stocks, where it was used etc. Thanks in advance 

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Hi Peter.  From my knowledge, your cheapest option will be the Desktop version of Reckon Accounts Premier 2015 Annual Licence at $520.  It is a single user licence and whilst it might include Payroll, this has advanced inventory features which it seems that you need.  John L G
  • Peter Daley
    edited September 2015
    Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated
  • Spilly
    Spilly Member Posts: 182 ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    As you have used that version for so long I wouldn't upgrade until the start of the next fiscal year, unless your PC has failed with no fixes. Also as you don't update regularly , I would buy the full retail version of 2016 so you will not required to update each year.
  • Peter Daley
    edited September 2015

Thanks also.

With the inventory feature we just need to account for single items coming in and out. No parts of manufacturing. Would accounts version cut it?

• Spilly
    Spilly Member Posts: 182 ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    It does what your current software does.
  • Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Hi Peter,

You'll need a minimum of Reckon Accounts Plus for a desktop version when upgrading from QuickBooks Pro 7.  This edition will also give you payroll.  If you want the ability to set different price levels, then you'll need at least Premier 2 user.  Reckon Accounts Hosted, paid by user, has all the functionality of the Reckon Accounts range.

Compare your options here.

regards,
    John

• Peter Daley
    edited September 2015
    What if I don't need payroll? Will Accounts do it. Just need normal accounting with Inventory
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Peter  Payroll is part of it, whether you use it or not.  It is part of the package.  There is a version called "Accounts Accounting" and it has the following features for Inventory

Track your inventory

Easily manage your inventory with Accounts Accounting.

• Track the cost of items you have sold and the income received.
    • Know quantities on hand and their value.
    • Your inventory is updated from purchase orders so you know what's on order and when you can expect it.
    This version only comes with an annual licence which costs $360

The next version up from this is Plus and the one above that is Premier.  You can get more info on the different versions by going to the following website:

http://www.reckon.com.au/compare/BusinessRange.aspx

Once there, you can click on the "more info" link, underneath each version, to get more details.

John L G
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Hi Peter,
    Since you seem to have no need to upgrade every year (unless compliance laws change) look for an upgrade or Full version package of Plus or Premier 2 user so it is a once off fee.
    Kind regards,
    Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)
  • Peter Daley
    edited February 2017

Thanks everyone. Next issue is upgrading. I am ready a lot of information that says I cannot go from QuickBooks V7.4 to 2015 accounts? !

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    Hi Peter,
    You can upgrade but it needs to go through various versions in between.
    Reckon will provide you with the software necessary to upgrade, but unless you are 100% confident, I would suggest contacting your local Reckon Accredited Partner to perhaps help you with the process to ensure it is done correctly.
    https://partnersearch.reckon.com/
    Kind regards,
    Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)